ASC Engineered Solutions Commerce, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Buyer is responsible for planning, managing and maintaining replenishment for specified lines of business assigned to them by the Purchasing Manager. This individual will effectively manage the placement and/ or inventory replenishment of designated product categories to maintain an in-stock standard while achieving planned turnover and revenue growth. The individual must be able to manage multiple projects or product lines simultaneously and be able to prioritize them in accordance with the challenges of a rapidly changing environment. This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes, but are not limited to):
- Master the functionality of the MRP system, react to MRP messages to ensure material supply is aligned to system demand, Responsible for reviewing and initiation action on all buyer related messages associated with their assigned product categories; including planned orders, cancel messages, expedites, and for maintaining, communicating accurate delivery information
- Review product categories regularly, take corrective actions on stocked-out and very low inventory items via inter-branch transfers, expedited purchase orders, etc. Identify excess inventory and redistribute it among warehouses to create better balance. Transfer rather than purchase new inventory to reduce excess.
- Collaborate with business partners and key stakeholders to establish inventory service level expectations, product line forecast and market intelligence driving change within their product categories. Identify emerging trends and communicate annual and seasonal strategies to functional areas (Sourcing, Demand Planning, Sales & Suppliers). Analyze sales trends and customer forecasts to ensure appropriate stocking levels of inventory are maintained across a network of multiple distribution centers in the United States.
- Monitor performance of vendors in regard to delivery, quality, and cost. Drive improved supplier performance through key performance indicators (KPI’s). Develop and present data-backed business case for changes to planning metrics based on historical analysis
- Responsible for the documentation and submittal of planning change requests to the Purchasing Manager.
- Maintain and update all analytical data, including but not limited to supplier related data such as pricing, production lead time, as well as item purchasing settings. Maintain current and accurate PO data in MRP system (e.g. confirmed delivery dates, pricing or any flagged messages).
- Manage customer-specific orders. Issue customer-specific purchase orders with vendors and/or transfers from distribution centers. Take quick action to support these critical customer needs.
- Undergraduate degree, Supply chain concentration preferred or equivalent job experience -Three (3) plus years buying, inventory planning or related supply chain experience
- Experience in supplier management with knowledge of the principles and practices of procurement.
- Some experience with negotiating terms and conditions with suppliers and sourcing.
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks and quickly initiate changes in plan when appropriate.
- Ability to multi-task, assign effective priorities to tasks, and to operate with a certain level of autonomy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain systems.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ERP systems.
- Knowledge of valves and fittings is a plus.
- Must be flexible and able to handle a heavy workload.
- High emotional intelligence (i.e., EQ) and self-awareness
This job may require up to 5-10% travel within the United States of America.
ASC Engineered Solutions
ASC Engineered Solutions is defined by quality—in its products, services and support. With more than 1,500 employees, the company’s portfolio of precision-engineered piping support, valves and connections provides products to more than 4,000 customers across industries, such as mechanical, industrial, fire protection, oil and gas, and commercial and residential construction. Its portfolio of leading brands includes ABZ Valve®, AFCON®, Anvil®, Anvil EPS, Anvil Services, Basic-PSA, Beck®, Catawissa, Cooplet®, FlexHead®, FPPI®, Gruvlok®, J.B. Smith, Merit®, North Alabama Pipe, Quadrant®, SCI®, Sharpe®, SlideLOK®, SPF® and SprinkFLEX®. With headquarters in Commerce, CA, and Exeter, NH, ASC also has ISO 9001:2015 certified production facilities in PA, TN, IL, TX, AL, LA, KS, and RI.
2867 Vail AvenueCommerce, CA