- Expired: October 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sr. Wi-Fi Engineer to provide network design, development, installation/configuration, testing, implementing, and Tier 3 level troubleshooting of Wi-Fi networks in a large-scale multi-vendor (Aruba, Extreme Networks and Cisco), enterprise environment for a major Transportation Company. The environment is comprised of multiple business units including, Bus, Rail, Police, Light Rail, and Corporate
Candidate will be required to develop and analyzing technical requirements, document detailed system designs, implement plans, and operational guides and participate in project and operational meetings
Responsible for the and development, implementation, and support of existing and new wireless technologies for the various business units.
Which include the design, configuration, implementation, testing and troubleshooting of Wireless and LAN components and networks.
- Working with 3rd party and internal departments in integrating wireless equipment with current WAN and security infrastructure.
- Optimizing wireless performance while fulfilling security requirements for user/device authentication and encryption
- Familiarity with 802.1x, RADIUS Authentication using EAP-TLS.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and modification of wireless network hardware and software.
- Which include Aruba / Extreme WAN architecture in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Outdoor Point to point and Mesh Architectures
- Aruba Central / ClearPass/ Airwave management
- Aruba 8.x Mobility Environment
- Configuration and testing of QoS for voice & video, ACL's and Controller firewall rules.
- 802.1x RADIUS authentication
- Indoor and outdoor Site Surveys
- Provides tier 3 support with LAN/WLAN networks, client devices, including hand-held devices and associated LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Responsible for documentation of installed networks, to include systems design, operations and implementations guides, Visio design drawings, etc.
- Maintains the security and integrity of all wireless hardware and software.
- Knowledge of;
- device uplink copper/fiber cabling
- Layer2 VLANs, Trunking, Port-channels, Spanning-Tree
- Layer3 (Subnetting, routing, Multicast, VRRP
- Layer4 (TCP/UDP ports, QoS) TACACS+, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SYSLOG, NETFLOW
Get fresh Network Design jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.