Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of all equipment returned. Responsible for maintaining documentation supporting the cleaning and tagging process of equipment.
- Ensures that all equipment is properly tagged for cleaning, repair, disinfecting, or ready-for-use.
- Discards used disposable supplies and cleans equipment using PPE (personal protective equipment and provided cleaning supplies.
- Cleans and sanitizes home medical equipment according to manufacturer's, OSHA, and FDA requirements.
- Inspects equipment for proper condition and safe operation. Performs a function check on equipment as necessary.
- Places cleaned and sanitized equipment in appropriate shelves and/or transfers equipment to alternate departments for repair and/or testing.
- Assists Medical Delivery Technician with orders that requires a two-person delivery of equipment to customer’s home.
- Maintains work area in a neat, clean, and organized condition.
- Adheres to company policies and guidelines on infection control and safety.
- Maintains customer confidentiality and business privacy. Is knowledgeable and follows all HIPAA guidelines.
- Participates in in-services appropriate to job responsibilities or as required.
- Performs related responsibilities and other duties as required or directed.
- Ability to read, write and use computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit as well as talk and hear.
- The employee is required to use gloves on hands while using chemicals to clean equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 - 80 pounds.