ARServices is seeking a full-time qualified Buyer/Procurement Specialist to manage international and domestic equipment, material, and services procurements for a U.S. Government security assistance contract. The desired candidate will have reportable experience in purchasing medical laboratory equipment and materials for biological applications bringing with them an established network of domestic and international suppliers. The candidate must be an independent thinker, detail-oriented, have strong written and oral communication skills, and work well in a team environment across cultures and time zones. Exceptional medical and insurance benefits with paid federal holidays.
- Analyze customer requirements and conduct analysis of alternatives based on cost, availability and conformity with customer specifications.
- Negotiate with U.S. and international vendors for the best possible price and terms.
- Maintain current and accurate data in accounting and inventory systems (Deltek's Costpoint and Fishbowl)
- Coordinate with shipping and finance teams to ensure compliance with contract terms and submission of accurate invoices.
- Prepare cost estimates for management and customer review.
- Manage relationships with key U.S. and international vendors and identify new vendors to fulfill requirements
- Review and validate actual cost data against estimated expenses.
- Prepare and submit recurring reports to customer program offices.
- Support business development efforts by writing proposals and preparing technical information for proposal submission.
- Create and review programmatic documents, including briefing slides, reports and other deliverables.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Five years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business or supply chain management related field
- Understanding of purchase orders/procurement contracts, technical evaluations
- Prior experience interfacing with U.S. government federal clients and contracting personnel
- Knowledge of federal contracting processes and acquisition regulations (FAR, DFARS)
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in procurement for medical, laboratory and/or CBRNE uses
- Established supplier networks based on commodity
- Ten years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using Cost Point
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with shipping industry terms and standards.
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.