Budget Analyst (cleared)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ARServices is seeking a Budget Analyst who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques and identify and implement vibrant funding management solutions and analyses to help a Department of Defense (DoD) customer manage a complex research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) portfolio. The specialist will work onsite at Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and will provide advisory and assistance services to help develop financial management analytical products that will support the High Performance Computing (HPC), Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), Basic Research, and Defense Threat Reduction Agency Experimental Laboratory (DEL) programs and activities. These products will include Purchase Requests and other funding packages, using the Consolidated Acquisition Tool; analyses to support identification and preparation of funding information to support Future Years Defense Program (FYDP) Program Objective Memorandum (POM) inputs; historical research summaries to identify past funding efforts; and projects involving use of the Defense Agencies Initiative (DTS) and the Joint Integrated Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) Analytics Platform (JICAP) tools. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment to support safe and successful execution of the customers RDT&E mission.
- Prepare financial plans, monitor implementation of financial policies, prepare regular and special purpose reports, maintain historical records, analyze trends, establish cost rates and personnel forecasts, recommend and interpret budgetary policies and procedures, prepare comparative evaluation of actual costs against budgeted funds, and determine rationale for variances between costs and budget.
- Use the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Consolidated Acquisition Tool (CAT) to construct and receive approval for Purchase Request (PR) packages and Needs Statements that identify and provide the support needed for test planning and execution
- Provide support for external financial audits, such as the CBDP.
- Support the Financial Analysis team in financial portfolio programmatic, project integration and execution functions to include support to PPBE activities, POM, Budget Justification, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Congressional Senate Staffer Briefs
- Supporting weekly budget meetings to review program execution, coordinate weekly with the customer to review priority contract actions, review proposal packages for completeness, and review/assist in developing Statements of Work for DTRA contracts
- Assist in budget management execution activities including portfolio to project budget formulation, budget analysis, scheduling, tracking, execution, metrics and systems support, spend plan formation, and budget controls.
- Work with the Acquisition specialist teams to assure SBIR and STTR financial planning and execution and assist with all external compliance reporting including investment to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) SBIR/STTR Office.
- Disciplines include but are not limited to financial analysis, budget analysis, project control analysis.
- Active SECRET clearance
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience OR masters degree and 3+ years of experience
- Experience in DoD Acquisition management, financial management, budget planning and Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution Processes (PPBE) processes at the Service Headquarters or Department Headquarters level
- Experience with DTRA or DoD Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) budget planning and management, using DoD Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) tools, and Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification, or Finance related Defense Acquisition University (DAU) training, or Certified Defense Financial Manager.
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AddressCañada Village, NM
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at ARServices