Position: Junior Management Analyst (Program Analyst) (Entry-level, Clearance Required)
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, VA
Reports to: ARMADA HQ
Security Clearance Required: SECRET
Duties & Responsibilities:
Support PCD programs for an assigned region under the direction of the Senior Program Analyst (such as design reviews, waivers and exceptions packages, physical security surveys, taskers, special projects, and official written correspondence). The individual provides administrative and management support that enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of PCD operations. In addition, the individual plays a role in organizing and locally storing records. The individual also coordinates activities with counterparts in other offices and agencies to promote cooperation and ensure information sharing. By providing accurate, timely, and efficient information and assistance, the individual's work enhances PCD’s ability to successfully accomplish its overall mission. The work involves a variety of administrative, operational, and logistical duties that enable the efficient use of available resources within PSP. The work requires general knowledge of the PSP mission and goals, as well as administrative policies and procedures that apply to PSP operations. The work is complicated by the dynamic environment in which PCD operates; the broad and varied nature of assigned responsibilities, the need to coordinate programs and activities with a wide variety of other bureaus and agencies, the substantial amount of resources allocated to the program, and the need to shift plans and priorities in response to fluctuating workload demands. The need to exercise initiative in recommending improved methods and practices, and for providing information in a timely matter to senior management officials, also adds to the complexity of the work.
· Interpret and adapt available guidelines in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
· Use judgment in recognizing the need to deviate from established methods and procedures to meet urgent requirements.
· Make note of areas for improvement for PCD programs for the Senior Program Analyst, Section Chief(s), Branch Chief, and Division Chief.
· Manage the research, analysis, planning, assessment, development, and accountability activities necessary to build and improve the assigned region’s performance.
· Identify problem areas and work with fellow PCD program analysts, partners, and a Senior Program Analyst (not part of this contract) to develop and execute appropriate actions required to improve the assigned region’s program performance.
· Review and improve internal region policies and procedures for a more efficient work process/environment.
· Perform a wide variety of administrative and analytical duties to improve the quality of data and information used to measure and assess the region’s performance of PCD-wide programs.
· Assist in developing online management systems to improve processes and assist in developing goals, processes, and procedures for such systems.
· Maintain awareness of emerging program analysis and management techniques.
· Develop work products to support institutionalizing program analysis and management best practices that are tailored to the needs of the assigned region.
· Conduct all phases of programs from inception through completion, including coordinating with the Senior Program Analyst, the Records Manager (not part of this contract), and the Office Management Specialist (not part of this contract) to ensure key phases have been recorded and are on file.
· Process region’s documents of record for inclusion in Division archive.
· Assist in development of processes for inclusion of records in archive
· Train others in use of programs and processes related to document management.
· Ensure program requirements and objectives are correctly gathered, understood, and properly translated for execution.
· Communicate program objectives in terms of overall Division objectives.
· Report program status, issues, and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results.
· Design clear and consistent messaging for the audience(s) receiving PCD documents, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the Department and with counterparts in DS, specifically DS/C, DS/PSP, and DS/PSD to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Directorate.
· Conduct cursory, technical reviews of region-specific physical security information in PCD and maintain contacts with Department and Bureau employees and counterparts in other organizations and bureaus to provide advice, assistance, and support, plan and coordinate activities, share information, recommend improved methods and practices, disseminate policies and procedures, and resolve problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
· Knowledge of DS goals, objectives, programs, and relationships, to provide operational support services that support the Bureau mission.
· Knowledge of pertinent regulations, policies, and procedures that apply to the acquisition and management of program support resources.
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment to meet the demands associated with a dynamic, results- driven office.
· Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work to effectively accomplish assignments under general supervision.
· Skills in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and PowerPoint) in order to collect, organize, prepare, and present administrative information.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to prepare and present analyses, provide advice, assistance, and support, coordinate activities with other organizations, interpret policies and procedures, and participate in meetings.
BS/BA in a related field preferred but not required.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the contractor assigned to this position.
Special Notes: Relocation is not available for these jobs.
ARMADA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ARMADA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.