- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Acadia (NYSE:AKR), headquartered in Rye, New York, is a fully-integrated, self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust. Through our REIT and Opportunistic Fund investment platforms, we are focused primarily on the acquisition, ownership, redevelopment and management of retail properties, including neighborhood and community shopping centers, urban high-barrier-to-entry street retail, and mixed-use properties with retail components.
Acadia Realty Trust is currently seeking a qualified intern to join its in-house legal department for a paid summer internship position. The successful intern will be a part of Acadia’s company-wide internship program and will participate in commercial real estate and general corporate matters.
The intern will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance throughout the duration of the internship. The intern will be encouraged to learn as much as possible about Acadia and the commercial real estate industry during his/her experience with us. The intern should be prepared to work individually as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and should finish the internship having gained broad experience in legal matters from a commercial real estate perspective.
Description of Duties:
- The legal intern will have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in the following areas:
- Assisting with commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, leasing and financings;
- Aiding in the review, negotiation and drafting of commercial leasing documents, purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, joint venture agreements, loan documents, and other related documents;
- Assisting with general corporate matters, including preparing organizational and governance documents; and
- Interfacing with other in-house departments such as acquisitions, leasing, lease administration, property management and development on various real estate matters.
Other Internship Details:
- Program starts in early June and ends in early August
- Free daily shuttle service between the office and the Harrison Metro North train station (less than 5 minute shuttle ride).
- Must have completed his/her 1L year of law school;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Highly self-motivated.
The base compensation range for this role reflects the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each individual. A reasonable estimate of the current compensation for this position is $20.00 an hour to $25.00 an hour.
Acadia Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
ARLP GS LLC
Get fresh Legal Intern jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.