Under the supervision of the laboratory supervisor the Microbiology Lab Technician provides support tasks in a fast-paced laboratory setting. This is a safety sensitive position as defined by state and federal laws that will require working with hazardous materials and/or handling medicine. As a "safety sensitive" classification, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.Classification
Microbiology SupervisorEssential Functions
- Media preparation
- Glassware cleaning
- Inventory / ordering
- Lab cleaning and sanitization
- Autoclaving various reagents and supplies
- Assist laboratory personnel in daily activities to maintain high scientific quality and compliance with SOPs, protocols, and safety standards
- Ability to wear, maintain, and properly use appropriate safety equipment, including, but not limited to eye protection, gloves, full face respirator, and lab coat.
- Adherence to all ARL Bio Pharma safety standards, policies, procedures, and protocols
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Collaboration Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment
This job operates in a laboratory environment. Attendance at the office is required. While performing the duties of the job the employee is frequently exposed to various microorganisms and may be exposed to toxic or hazardous chemicals. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, full face respirator and lab coat. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Physical Demands
The role requires standing for prolonged periods of time; dexterity in fingers and hands to perform complex and precise manipulations; ability to walk and stoop; ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds; see in the normal visual range including the ability to distinguish colors and shades and hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are TBD.Travel
No travel is required for this position.Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma with 2+ years working experience OR
- Associate degree in Microbiology or related science field OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or related science field
- A minimum of an associate degree in Microbiology or related science field.
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ARL Bio Pharma