ARK Solutions Inc. Cheyenne, WY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $24 to $33 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
ARK Solutions Inc., is seeking a Senior Paralegal to support our client, Deloitte Consulting, for their Federal Contract.
Provide litigation support services
Role Title: Senior Paralegal
Education / Certification Requirement:
Paralegal certificate Preferred.
At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful. At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
Role also requires hands-on familiarity with Client tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
Position-specific Required Skills: The Paralegal will perform a variety of legal support duties in an office to attorneys (AUSAs) or litigation teams. Assignments vary based on the case, but characteristically involve analyzing legal decisions; compiling substantive information on legal subjects; reviewing and producing discovery; and collecting, analyzing, and evaluating evidence in connection with hearing appeals, litigation, or advisory services when these assignments require a specialized knowledge of law. Among the services to be provided are the following:
1. Reviews current legislation, regulations, directives, and decisions of various courts and administrative bodies, bringing information to the attention of AUSAs.
2. Examines, prepares and processes a variety of technical legal documents which are characteristically voluminous and complex in format. Reviews incoming material and independently determines the need for assembly and preparation of a variety of legal documents, e.g., complaints, motions, orders, answers, pleadings, and subpoenas.
3. Maintain regular contact with the applicable federal agencies to ensure provision of complete and timely cooperation in all aspects of assigned cases.
4. Obtain needed information for files from law enforcement agencies, or other sources, and submit completed legal documents to the appropriate AUSA for review and approval.
5. Composes original letters not requiring legal interpretations, but that require a good working knowledge of legal and administrative procedures and terminology.
6. Prepares such legal pleadings as indictments, complaints, search warrants, judgments, applications, notices, affidavits, summonses, subpoenas, motions, responses, etc. Ensures legal documents are in conformance with rules governing style and format.
7. Use original and online legal resources, verifies citations and statutory references contained in legal documents. Ensures citations are complete and consistent with source material.
8. Produces a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a wide range of office software applications.
9. Reviews and examines forms and documents for all cases to ensure completeness and accuracy. If information is missing, initiates correspondence to seek information that will complete the case file in preparation of a hearing.
10. Provides assistance to AUSAs in preparing trial notebooks, assembling jury instructions, compiling witness and exhibit lists. Prepares discovery for plaintiffs and/or defendants in accordance with governing rules and regulations and with the approval of the assigned attorneys.
11. Provides automated litigation support to attorneys in trial preparation and courtroom presentations by utilizing various software applications and graphics hardware.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: The Paralegal will perform a variety of legal support duties in an office to attorneys (AUSAs) or litigation teams. Assignments vary based on the case, but characteristically involve analyzing legal decisions; compiling substantive information on legal subjects; reviewing and producing discovery; and collecting, analyzing, and evaluating evidence in connection with hearing appeals, litigation, or advisory services when these assignments require a specialized knowledge of law.
ARK Solutions Inc.
LegalView all jobs at ARK Solutions Inc.