Do you enjoy working closely with insurance providers and referral sources in regard to helping patients receive the care they need? Are you successful in fast-paced, ever-changing work environments? If so, our Intake Specialist position may be the perfect fit for you!
ARJ is looking for an Intake Specialist in our Kansas City Metro location. The Intake Specialist will be responsible for receiving referrals from various referral sources, ensuring correct documentation is completed, and will very eligibility and benefits through insurance companies including prior authorizations and/or pre-determinations. The Intake Specialist will be communicating directly with clients/patients, family members, physicians and discharge planners on eligibility requirements, policy benefits and eligibility determinations and contract provisions.
- Call and verify provider qualifications for policy benefits, identify type of therapy, necessary clinical documentation and resource lists if applicable
- Communicates in writing or via phone with clients, patients, family members, agents, physicians and/or discharge planners on eligibility requirements, policy benefits, eligibility determinations and contract provisions
- Obtains all necessary information required for benefit clearance for all new patients; tracks assessments or plans of care needed based on product type, diagnosis and eligibility from the clinical team for all initial patient calls
- Electronically completes Consent, AOB and Privacy Practices and includes in approval e-mail; forwards documents received from referral source during intake to the Clinical Care Coordinator for clinical file.
- Completes and/or inputs billing/clinical transaction information
- Maintains current knowledge regarding third-party and first-party payment procedures and regulations as well as preferred provider agreements
- Keeps referral log accurate and up-to-date
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as re-prioritizing work as necessary
- 2 years of experience in home health, infusion therapy and/or DME preferred
- Associates degree in Health Services or equivalent job experience preferred
ARJ can offer you:
- A chance to learn new skills
- More time to educate and interact with the caregivers and families
- An opportunity to work in an environment where the patient comes first
- Company benefits: Paid Time Off, bereavement leave and an employee bonus program. Medical insurance with HRA, dental and vision plans, 401K with company match, and other supplemental insurance plans
ARJ Infusion Services provides specialty pharmacy and nursing services across the nation to treat children and adults with rare, chronic and complex conditions. ARJ clinicians understand and respect each family’s unique environment and circumstance. We work hard to deliver on our promises to our patients and their families. Apply to this position if you would like to learn more about this position and ARJ Infusion Services.