Pharmacist -- Full-Time
Each Pharmacist is responsible for the operations and safety of the pharmacy, including dispensing, scheduling, purchasing, distribution, quality improvement and regulatory compliance. Each Pharmacist is responsible for the direct oversight of medication preparations and dispensing. This position will participate in the on-call rotation every 3-4 weeks.
- Performs distribution of pharmaceutical products, ancillary supplies, and equipment
- Potential to participate in the on-call rotation
- Ensures compliance with ARJ’s Quality Improvement (QI) program, licensure, and regulatory requirements related to pharmacy operations
- Assists in development and updating of clinical policies and procedures
- Assists in the formulation of ARJ’s overall goals and objectives
- Assists in the development of ARJ’s budget for pharmacy operations, personnel, supplies and equipment
- Assures appropriate clinical monitoring of patients
- Assists in overall inventory control and purchasing
- Assists in marketing of ARJ products and services
- Assists in obtaining and completing billing information and documentation, as required
- Evaluate medication prescribed, dosage, baseline patient condition (diagnosis/ concomitant conditions), current medication profile, history of Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs), allergies, and contraindications to determine the accuracy of the therapy being prescribed
- Establish a baseline assessment for ongoing supportive therapy management as a member of the care team
- Ongoing evaluation of patient records, including communication entered by care team members to ensure holistic evaluation and clinical approach achieved
- Counsel patients on therapy management, side effects, and other pertinent issues relative to the patient’s disease/condition and other concerns based on package insert and comorbidities
- Respond to patient issues, requests for clinical information and other concerns that may adversely impact adherence and compliance to ordered therapy
- Ensure ongoing effective communication with patients/caregivers regarding the importance of timely communication, monitoring and follow-up related to side effects, adverse events and general therapy management and/or related concerns
- Provide appropriate counseling including when to notify emergency medical services in the event of an emergency
- Provide dispensing services related to prescribed therapy, initiating clinical interventions with the patient and/or prescribing physician as appropriate
- Ensures compliance with documentation requirements
- Ensures compliance with ARJ’s policies and procedures
- Monthly pharmacy report and statistics, as requested by Director of Pharmacy
- Monthly inventory counts
- Pharmacy Quality Improvement indicators
- Dispense report, compounding worksheets, pick lists, drug profiles, PMP reporting, and other documents as required by law
- Two years recent clinical pharmacy experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of infusion therapies preferred
- Recent inventory management experience preferred
- Accuracy in mathematical calculations including pharmacokinetic dosing preferred
- Strong inter-personal skills and communication required
ARJ can offer you:
- Team-oriented environment, with a shared passion to make a difference in the quality of life for the patients we service
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Enhanced one-on-one direct patient care opportunities
- ARJ Infusion Services provides specialty pharmacy and nursing services across the nation to treat children and adults with rare, chronic and complex conditions. ARJ clinicians understand and respect each family’s unique environment and circumstance. We work hard to deliver on our promises to our patients and their families. Apply to this position if you would like to learn more about this position and ARJ Infusion Services.
Working at ARJ means you will be joining a team of the most compassionate, dedicated and talented professionals in the pharmaceutical and home health industry.
That’s where you come in. We’re always looking for bright, innovative individuals (clinical and non-clinical professionals) who aren’t afraid to get down to business and make a difference in the many communities we serve.
Are you ready to give back and get more out of your career? Join the ARJ Infusion Services Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
ARJ Infusion Services
Why Work Here?ARJ is a national leader in specialty pharmacy and high-tech nursing services. We provide home infusion therapies for children and adults with acute and chronic conditions. Our expertise includes bleeding and neurological disorders, immune deficiencies, genetic disorders, IV antibiotics, and other injectable medications. Working at ARJ means you will be joining a team of the most compassionate, dedicated and talented professionals in the pharmaceutical and home health industry. That’s where you come in. We’re always looking for bright, innovative individuals (clinical and non-clinical professionals) who aren’t afraid to get down to business and make a difference in the many communities we serve. Are you ready to give back and get more out of your career? Join the ARJ Infusion Services Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
Cedar Rapids, IA