Reports to: Chief Information Officer
The Data Engineer I is responsible for expanding as well as optimizing:
- Data leverage and quality
- Data pipeline architecture
- Reporting and insights capabilities
- Optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams
The Data Engineer I is responsible for optimizing data systems and building them from the
ground up. The Data Engineer I supports the data needs of multiple teams, systems and
services. The key initiative of the Data Engineer I is to optimize and/or re-design our company’s
data architecture to support our next generation of services, products, and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal secure data pipeline architectures; this includes management of relevant infrastructures and code
- Assemble complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs
- Create data tools for analytics and stakeholder team members that assist them in building and optimizing our services
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, services, and data sets experience preferred
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data as well as processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Strong knowledge base in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Manipulating, processing, and extracting value from disconnected datasets knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Agile Software Development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- 1+ years of C# development experience
- 2+ years of advance SQL and data analysis experience
- 2+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- 2+ years of designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- 2+ years of building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, services and data sets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience required
Working at ARJ means you will be joining a team of the most compassionate, dedicated and talented professionals in the pharmaceutical and home health industry.
That’s where you come in. We’re always looking for bright, innovative individuals (clinical and non-clinical professionals) who aren’t afraid to get down to business and make a difference in the many communities we serve.
Are you ready to give back and get more out of your career? Join the ARJ Infusion Services Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
ARJ Infusion Services
Why Work Here?ARJ is a national leader in specialty pharmacy and high-tech nursing services. We provide home infusion therapies for children and adults with acute and chronic conditions. Our expertise includes bleeding and neurological disorders, immune deficiencies, genetic disorders, IV antibiotics, and other injectable medications. Working at ARJ means you will be joining a team of the most compassionate, dedicated and talented professionals in the pharmaceutical and home health industry. That’s where you come in. We’re always looking for bright, innovative individuals (clinical and non-clinical professionals) who aren’t afraid to get down to business and make a difference in the many communities we serve. Are you ready to give back and get more out of your career? Join the ARJ Infusion Services Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
Relaxed atmosphere, great work/life balance, one-on-one patient care and great benefits!