The Machine Operator strives for efficiency in all areas of the production line and demonstrates technical expertise on packaging machines. The Machine Operator leads the production line to adhere to production schedules, communicates problems to Supervisors and/or Leads, and brings ideas for improvement to the rest of the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures all GMPS and safety regulations are adhered to all the time
· Continually monitors machine operations to insure accurate product measurements
· Calls maintenance or set up technicians as needed.
· Ensures that all batch requirements and specifications are followed
· Performs preventative maintenance of packaging equipment.
· Monitors quality products and responds to issues identified by Quality Assurance and the Packers.
· Reports mechanical concerns to supervisors and maintenance
· Keeps the line running to meet all production run rates
· Organizes change overs in a timely manner
· Responsible for keeping the production line clean and organized at all times
· Accounts for all return materials at the end of each run
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.