Sourcing Category Manager
ARG Recruiting Elkhart, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Category Manager will be responsible for leading regional and global procurement teams, developing robust supplier and purchasing strategies, and manage annual/multi-year pricing agreements, and negotiate contractual needs.
- Develop robust supplier and purchasing strategies for a given set of commodities across North American plants.
- Discern advantages of local vs global supply, make vs buy scenarios, and strong focus on development of non-traditional suppliers and potential supplier assessment process.
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal customers (cross functional team) on matters related to day-to-day supply, quality, part launches, engineering changes, product transfers, supplier resourcing, and capacity planning.
- Negotiate and achieve YOY cost reductions and Best-in-class cost through various tools including but not limited to: VAVE initiatives, creation of cost models, product cost tear down activities, supplier visits and on-site audits, supplier cost down workshops, supplier fact based negotiations, global sourcing, dual sourcing, raw material escalation/de-escalation price models, internal and external benchmarking activities, market intelligence and industry analysis, among others.
- Manage annual/multi-year pricing agreements, negotiate the contractual needs, specifications, application, total cost (including logistics costs, MOQ/Lead times impact on inventory targets), stocking agreements, payment terms, warranty terms, OTD and overall Quality metrics per standards, as well as manage and negotiate commercial issues that may arise.
- Manage suppliers, including the identification of new suppliers, qualification process, financial and business analysis, and core supplier review against core processes, policies, and metrics.
- Interface with both regional and global procurement teams for supplier evaluations, leverage of cost, technology advancement and supplier responsiveness.
- Select Vendors that will meet Quality, Technology, and Cost standards for New Products development and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering; Master’s Degree is a plus (completed or in process)
- Familiar with and motivated by the Commercial side of Business (Purchasing preferably)
- Familiar with and motivated by the Manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving, familiar with business case and project financial analysis, desirable project management skills.
- Computer skills are a must with proficiency in Excel (pivot table, formulas, reports)
- High mobility, 25% traveling within US to either locations or suppliers
- Desired commercial and technical knowledge of Direct Materials
- Collaborative team player
ARG RecruitingWhy Work Here?
Exciting NEW position with a top employer!