ARG Recruiting Southington, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Under direction from Plant Manager/General Manager, manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office. The Human Resources (HR) Manager manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The HR Manager leads and coordinates Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes safety, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The HR Manager is responsible for all or part of these areas: - recruiting and staff logistics; performance management; - organization development; - talent and succession planning processes; - employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting; - employee orientation, development, and training; - onboarding; - employee relations; - employee communications; - benefit inquiries; - employee services and counseling. The HR Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager/General Manager and indirectly to the Vice President, Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Personally, or through subordinate managers and staff, this role is responsible for the following:
· With limited and general direction for the Vice President, Human Resources, serves as a business partner with the on-site management team to effectively manage the Human Resources function while maintaining compliance with industry regulatory agencies and company programs
· Administer Staffing, Training, Employee Relations, Safety, Compliance, Benefits, Employee Retention, and Compensation programs at the local level and implement corporate-wide, strategic Human Resources initiatives
· Implement, disseminate, and monitor company policies, programs and procedures
· Oversee the recording and maintenance of employee information, such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations/separations of employment
· Monitor compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws related to unemployment compensation, and any other employment-related requirements
· Assist in conducting and resolving investigations regarding employee complaints and concerns
· Participate in management staff meetings and assist with and influence personnel-related decisions
· Conduct recruitment efforts for all hourly, nonexempt and exempt personnel to fill vacant positions, to include scheduling interviews and administering tests (where applicable) and participating in the interview and selection process while adhering to the Corporate Hiring Practices Policy
· Conduct site onboarding programs to orient new employees to foster positive attitude toward company goals
· Create and maintain site employee handbook and job descriptions, required COBRA documentation, FMLA (and leave paperwork), OSHA recordkeeping and other HR records as required by law or company practice
· Maintain records of voluntary benefits plan participation; monthly benefit reconciliations; personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations; and employee statistics for government reporting
· Establish and monitor effective health and safety programs and administer worker’s compensation program including the preparation and submission of claims (may also aid in accident investigation, as needed)
· Assist in coordinating training for the organization, including all required safety, benefit and HR compliance topics.
· Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations and coordinate legal issues with local attorneys
· Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs
· Administer performance review program to ensure compliance within organization
· Responsible for the communication of benefits programs such as life, health, dental and voluntary insurance plans; 401(k) plan; and employee assistance program
· Administer attendance policies; including vacation, sick leave, and leaves of absence (including FMLA and disability leave)
· Responsible for participating in local wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive rates
· Conduct exit interviews and prepare employee separation notices and related documentation
· Assist and/or facilitate with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as canteen, safety shoes, safety glasses and other services pertaining to employee relations
· Maintain headcount and safety data for site and upload monthly to Sharepoint
· Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Directly responsible for site Human Resources staff and is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include safety, interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements that follow are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Once initially qualified, the employee’s continuing competency is appraised during the introductory period. Long-term competency is evaluated by the supervisor, using work quality and continuous training as deemed necessary.
Ability to read and write fluently in English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common trade and technical publications, financial reports, and business documents. Ability to write reports and general business correspondence, and respond to common inquiries or concerns from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to assemble written and oral presentations, and effectively communicate subject matter to large and small groups of customers and/or associates representing all levels of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals; recognize amounts and compute rate, ratio, and percent; and apply such concepts to practical situations. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as exchange rates and statistics.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and documents, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read and interpret production and sales reports/graphs, and utilize them in practical applications. Ability to apply Level 3 tools to daily work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to communicate with others; is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, handle or feel, and/or reach. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Use of vision correction is acceptable, if necessary; however, any vision correction apparatus must meet all safety guidelines for the area of activity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree or (BA/BS) in human resources, business or a related field
· Minimum of Five years of experience as an HR professional with increasing levels of responsibility
· Minimum of five years’ of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
· PHR or SPHR preferred
· Proficient with HRIS and MS Office programs with intermediate MS Excel skills
· Ethical conduct
· Master’s degree (MS) in human resource management
· Experience in a manufacturing environment in the HR field
· Strong leadership development, mentoring, and staff level coaching skills
· Ability to lead and collaborate within a team as well as influence multifunctional and multicultural teams
· Must be team oriented and have excellent collaboration skills
· Strong communicator with the ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization, exercising professionalism, tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives to develop and enhance relationships
· Strong business acumen, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
· Ability to appropriately handle confidential material
ARG RecruitingWhy Work Here?
Exciting NEW position with a top employer!