GM / Plant Manager
ARG Recruiting Hartford, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Responsible for all functions affecting operations and performance at a single plant. Works with the senior management team to develop, implement programs to drive growth in revenue and earnings and to achieve and maintain superior product quality and customer service. Directly responsible for the day-to-day operation of a precision metal components manufacturing and assembly facility. Participates in strategic and annual business planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and enhance profitable operations of the plant by meeting productivity and financial objectives, and meeting organizations goals related to safety, quality, timely product delivery and cost.
- Lead, motivate, and develop subordinate managers to meet both annual profitability goals as well as long-term growth objectives, and promote the highest level of teamwork and employees relations with and among manufacturing personnel.
- Partner with the Level 3 Manager to design and implement continuous improvement programs in the areas of cost/productivity, quality and service to ensure the accomplishment of annual and long-term business goals and objectives in the plant.
- Utilize lean/six sigma tools and team management tools to develop and improve the skills of subordinate managers, technical associates, and plant personnel.
- Assist the Division General Manager in planning and implementing the following:
- Materials planning, optimization of capacity, machine utilization, and plant throughput maximization.
- Capital equipment planning and budgeting
- Inventory/materials management and production scheduling to support market and customer pull demand systems
- Confer with other departments and disciplines to coordinate operational activities including engineering, quality assurance, materials, and HR within the plant.
- Participate in the development of annual business plans that support the long-term strategic growth of the plant.
- Maintenance of AS9100 registration
- Visit customers as needed
Responsible for the direction, coordination and evaluation of the plant and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including OSHA regulations. Responsibilities include either directly or through the management/supervisory team; timekeeping, interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing concerns and resolving issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, and leadership skills.
- Excellent engineering knowledge, both process and mechanical, to ensure manufacturing excellence of high-precision, mission-critical metal component products.
- Understanding of and demonstrated success in the implementation of lean manufacturing, six sigma, and total productive maintenance initiatives.
- Experience and ability to create and maintain a positive company culture.
- Vision and leadership necessary to inspire the organization to achieve annual and long-term goals, creating and sustaining a world-class manufacturing operation.
- Must possess exceptional analytical skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing control systems as well as commonly used PC-based software such as Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of OSHA and related safety standards.
- Skills in budget preparation and fiscal management
Ability to read and write fluently in English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret trade and technical publications, financial reports, and business documents. Ability to write reports and general business correspondence, and respond to common inquiries or concerns from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to assemble written and oral presentations, and effectively communicate subject matter to large and small groups of customers and/or associates representing all levels of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to recognize amounts and compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to work with certain mathematical concepts and/or statistical inference. Ability to read production sheets, graphs and understand their practical application. Ability to utilize and apply data collection and analysis techniques, and correctly enter data into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and other production applications.
Ability to work with Six Sigma tools.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and documents, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read and interpret production and sales reports/graphs, and utilize them in practical applications. Level 3 Master certification (and regular recertification) required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or business.
- A minimum of 4 years broad operations management experience with a medical device company or industrial products company known for its highly technical products, manufacturing capabilities and profitability. Must have manufacturing management experience, including P&L responsibility and experience with multi-year program product life cycles.
- Proven track record of success managing and improving profitable operations required.
- Experience must include automotive OEM as a first-, second-, or third-tier supplier.
- Knowledge of precision component metal manufacturing, heat treating, machining, automated assembly and testing processes preferred.
ARG RecruitingWhy Work Here?
Exciting NEW position with a top employer!