As the Automation Engineer, you will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, installing, and maintaining software solutions to ensure the area goals are achieved.
• Researches, analyzes, and gathers information from end users, industry guides, systems flow, data usage and other areas to plan, design, and validate electrical control solutions that will enhance the current system efficiencies.
• Evaluates the current operational systems and prints, and troubleshoot problems or look for efficiencies, to debug or enhance the control systems.
• Determines material and component specifications for new or enhanced systems to ensure the project is completed in a high-quality way, that is aligned to due dates.
• Creates and documents electrical schematics, prints, programming and other material for later use by others to understand the system flow.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology degree or any relative degree program preferred; would consider a combination of course work and experience in the field
• Experience: 5+ years of progressive experience in a related PLC programming field
• Certification(s): Accredited training in PLC programming preferred
• Functional Skills: Ability to research, analyze and gather information and intel to design effective electrical control solutions, focused on the goal of the customer; excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail and a strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and due dates; excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to create schematics/documents are also required.
• Technology Aptitude/Skills: Experience and knowledge of designing and programming PLC’s: Allen Bradley - CompactLogix, ControlLogix, SLC500, PLC5, MicroLogix; Experience with HMI - Allen Bradley: Panelview or Panelview Plus; Experience with Communications: Allen Bradley Ethernet I/P, ControlNet, Devicenet; Additional knowledge with WiFi network design, Windows Software Development, UL Custom Panel Building, and Microsoft Programming and CAD experience (AutoDesk AutoCAD preferred) is required; RFID would be a plus.
• Language Skills: Solid verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to provide effective internal and external client support.
• Leadership/Behaviors: Self-motivated, self-starters who have a background of managing their work/results on their own; requires excellent customer-focus, team work and collaboration. Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment and meet tight deadlines is also needed for the role.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: CTO
Core Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (some additional time during the week to cover global time zones)
Typical Work Week: M-F; with approximately 40-43 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: None
Travel: 60-65%; requires an International passport (to travel globally as needed)
Work Conditions: Lifting up to 30 lbs