Intermediate System Safety Engineer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Come support the Missile Defense Agency as we develop, test, and field an integrated Missile Defense System! Provide high quality, professional services for Agency-wide Safety as directed by the MDA Quality, Safety & Mission Assurance. MDA established the QS organization to perform a continuous assessment of the engineering, technology, processes, production, and programmatic practices used to develop and operate the Missile Defense System such that high risk attributes can be identified and addressed to increase confidence in achieving mission success while ensuring personnel safety. This position will provide technical and program management support for the QS directorate at the Program and Project Safety Programs. Our team will combine engineering knowledge of missile defense and complex aerospace systems with knowledge of safety process to ensure a string technical evaluate and execution of these critical US assets. This support includes the technical evaluation and review of development, test, and operational systems. Our safety engineers leverage their discipline knowledge to support the development, implementation, and execution of MDS safety policies, requirements, and programs; system safety risk identification and management process; safe conduct of MDS-level system demonstration activities; and safe interoperability of communicating over communication systems.
We are seeking a professional candidate with system safety experience to provide assistance with the preparation and review of engineering, research, risk studies, and technical reports; develop, review and present System Safety Risk Assessments (SSRAs); interface with our client; attend project meetings and prepare presentations; status tasks and track schedules.
Desired Experience & Skillsets:
- Experience working safety processes, as described in MIL-STD 882 (Rev E preferred), during design, development, use, and maintenance of safety-critical hardware and software systems in complex aerospace and/or weapons systems. Examples would include Safety Program Plans (SSP), Safety Assessment Reports (SAR), Hazard Analyses (HA) and Safety Verifications.
- Demonstrated understanding of hardware and software qualification testing and various testing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Demonstrated experience developing and presenting System Safety Risks to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present technical briefings on complex subjects to management and peers.
- Current DOD Security Clearance
- An ABET accredited Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 3 years’ experience in System Safety Engineering or a Bachelor's degree in scientific field (e.g. Physics, Engineering Technology, Computer Science) with 5 years demonstrated skill and relevant experience in System Safety engineering.
- Experience with AEGIS systems.
ARES offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Full time employees may participate in:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- HSA/FSA Accounts
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
ARES is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and complies with E-Verify.
ARES shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
ARES CorporationDahlgren, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.