HomArt is a unique home and garden gift and home accessory brand selling creative products to better gift, home decor and garden companies nationwide. Our customers love our products!
HomArt has a great entry position that offers an opportunity to be well trained in marketing and sales skills by an expert trainer and coach. Work in a casual and fun office environment. This position will be contacting existing customers and prospects to gain orders and reorders. You will travel to national trade shows two to four weeks per year to meet and work with customers. You will follow up on customers attending these markets and assist them in putting together their orders. You will maintain and service our customer base from our offices in Irvine, CA. Join us to learn sales and marketing skills while you grow your income. A competitive Base salary plus commissions and benefits. First year earnings exceed $50k and second year $65k plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work as in-house sales and marketing specialist. Work with assigned customers both active and dormant customers.
- Serve as customers’ internal point of contact for sales, working closely with the customer to gain insights into business opportunities
- Regularly contact customers, primarily via phone, website, screen shares & email
- Ensure customers have information, education and collateral to maximize their HomArt sales
- Develop new business through referrals and markets
- Build and manage sales pipeline; close deals and sell HomArt products
- Maintain contacts, customer information and sales activities in database
- Attend trade shows to connect with new and existing customers and prospects
- Meet assigned activity standards and sales goals
- Have good diction and ability to communicate over the phone to all parts of the country
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Some college preferred
- Excellent relationship-building, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to communicate issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers
- Flexibility is essential – should be a TEAM player who is willing to assist with other responsibilities when needed
- Entrepreneurial minded person – ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a small team of dedicated people
- Detail oriented, and very organized - even with constant distractions and multiple priorities
- Travel – 20%-30% travel as needed for shows; two to four weeks per year
- Ability to stay engaged six to eight hours per day on phone with customers and prospects