This position is established for the purpose of providing case management and/or recovery management to the Ohio Home Care population: disabled adults, institutional long term care, medical social work, pediatrics, developmental disabilities, education, child development, vocational services, substance abuse, behavioral health, transition planning or relocation, independent living skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts contacts with individuals/caregivers in accordance with program specifications to monitor the delivery of all services in the individual’s all services plan.
- Assists individuals in gaining access to any necessary services regardless of funding source which enable individuals to remain in their community living arrangement.
- Conducts annual and event-based assessments of individual’s eligibility according to program specifications.
- Authorizes any changes to the amount, scope, duration, and timeframes of waiver services according to CareSource requirements.
- Coordinates provision of Ohio Home Care Waiver and Supportive Recovery Services (SRS) with other services in the all services plan.
- Schedules and facilitates interdisciplinary team meetings for individuals.
- Educates individual/caregiver within scope of knowledge by providing health education or information about community resources.
- Adheres to the reporting requirements for incidents and prevention from harm planning.
- Maintains ongoing contact with service providers/subcontractors to monitor service delivery and resolve service provision problems.
- Complies with CareSource policies and procedures relating to assessment/Case Managers.
- Maintains all appropriate documentation in formats and time frames prescribed by the PAA, CareSource and the Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM).
- Assists with and completes special projects and activities as assigned.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings and training to maintain and improve job skills.
- Assists with preparation of state hearing documentation and participates in state hearings as needed.
- On call responsibilities as assigned.
- Understands the Agency’s Conflict of Interest Policy and complies with CareSource requirements for disclosure.
- Conducts initial assessment and determines eligibility for the Ohio Home Care Waiver and Specialized Recovery Services programs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of consumer information according to HIPAA/CareSource/Agency/ODM policy.
- Ability to relate well with all individuals, community agencies, Area Agency, ODM and CareSource staff.
- Understanding of home and community based service delivery system and community resources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, respectfully, and effectively.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Successful completion of orientation training within 60 days of initial employment
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and maintain accuracy in a flexible job environment.
- Knowledge of issues affecting people with severe and persistent mental illness and community-based intervention resources for those individuals.
Embraces and exemplifies the Agency’s 4 Keys of Excellence
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
Carry job related items weighing up to 30lbs into private homes and facilities which may not be readily accessible.
Stand; walk; sit, type, talk
Must maintain strict confidentiality and comply with all Agency HIPAA policies and procedures.
Ability to travel in a multi-county service area and access private homes and facilities, which may not be readily accessible.
Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Social Worker (LSW or LISW) holding an active license to practice in the State of Ohio. Must have one year paid clinical experience in Home and Community Based Service, minimum of three years post degree experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, or have a minimum of one year post degree experience working with individuals with diagnosed chronic conditions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AREA AGENCY ON AGING OHIO DISTRICT 5