We are looking for an experienced Retail Manager to oversee the daily operations of our store. You will be the one to ensure smooth running of operations to maximize sales and minimize costs.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a store manager and knowledge of diverse business subjects such as sales, marketing etc. An effective retail manager will also be able to motivate personnel to perform according to their maximum capacity.
The goal is to manage our store in ways that boost revenues and develop the business.
Retail Manager Responsibilities
- Organizing all store operations and allocating responsibilities to personnel
- recruiting, training, supervising and guiding staff towards maximum performance which includes counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Preparing and controlling the store’s budget aiming for minimum expenditure and efficiency
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- dealing with customer queries and complaints
- overseeing pricing and stock control
- maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Making (or signing off) decisions about how best to promote certain products.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios. Preparing promotional materials and displays
- liaising with head office, communicating their directives to staff and deciding the best way to implement them
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
Key soft skills
- the ability to establish good working relationships and work well in teams
- effective communication at all levels (able to adapt style when necessary)
- an understanding of what motivates employees and how to make others feel valued
- strong leadership skills: the ability to discipline when necessary, but also to delegate when appropriate and empower others
- the confidence to take initiative and make effective decisions quickly
- excellent commercial awareness and analytical skills
- awareness of what sells and why
- the ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
- brilliant organisational skills; understands pr
- Proven experience as retail manager or in other managerial position
- Knowledge of retail management best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizing and leadership skills
- Commercial awareness
- Analytical mind and familiarity with data analysis principles
- Excellent knowledge of retail management software (e.g. MS RMS)
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field; MSc/MA is desirable
- Minimum 50hr per week in store