ARCA Recycling, Inc. North Haven, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ARCA Recycling is seeking a hands-on Warehouse Supervisor to oversee our team of warehouse staff perform various manual, semi-skilled tasks related to evacuating refrigerants in an environmentally-sound manner as well as disassembling appliances for the recycling process.
ARCA Recycling is an innovative company dedicated to preserving the environment through energy efficiency and proper appliance disposal. This is a great opportunity to pursue a rewarding career with an industry leader. Don’t miss out, apply today!
- Supervision of Warehouse staff demanufacturing appliances.
- Accept responsibility for implementation of safety standards as set forth by management; both in training and in day-to-day operations
- Facilitate efficient staffing through training, assigning work flow and making recommendations to management regarding performance of warehouse team
- Must obtain CFF Level 1 Certification. (Obtained by taking an open book test, paid for and provided by ARCA Recycling upon hire)
- Oversee daily output from a quality and quantity standpoint.
- Assume responsibility for warehouse appearance and housekeeping.
- Accept responsibility for implementation of safety standards as set forth by management; both in training and in day-to-day operations.
- Preventative maintenance and minor repair of center equipment (baler, conveyor, lighting, plumbing, minor office repairs)
- Complete detail record keeping of maintenance and repair logs
- Hazardous material management and detail record-keeping
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- A commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Previous warehouse experience.
- 2+ Years of mechanical experience.
- 2 Years’ minimum experience in a supervisory position.
- Previous experience in safety training
- Inventory experience a plus
- Aptitude to remain calm, pleasant and professional while under strenuous physical requirements as well as strict time schedules and changing priorities, while performing the job in a safe manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; ability to meet deadlines and follow instructions
- Above Basic Computer knowledge and skills.
- Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with co-workers.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
Essential Screening Requirements:
- Must be able to pass, a company pre-employment physical exam, drug test, and criminal background check.
- This position is subject to random drug tests for safety sensitive positions.
- Universal or CFC Type 1 certification. OR, must be willing to take the CFC Type 1 open book test within the 1st 14 days of employment and pass the test
This is a physically demanding position, you must have the ability to grip, lift, stoops, bend, squat, and turn on a consistent repetitive basis. Ability to safely lift up to 40 pounds on repetitive basis, and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis without assistance. Physically able to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances.
We offer competitive wage along with benefits that include: Health, dental, life, STD, 401(k), paid vac, sick & holidays.
We are an E-Verify Employer
We are a Drug Free Workplace
We are an EEO Employer
ARCA Recycling has over 40 years of experience in the appliance recycling industry includes nearly two decades of providing energy efficiency program services for more than 250 electric utilities. A pioneer in developing cutting-edge technologies to serve its clients, ARCA maximizes materials recycling while protecting natural resources from the environmentally damaging substances found in old appliances.
ARCA Recycling, Inc.Why Work Here?
Committed to energy efficiency, ARCA Recycling (parent company) was the pioneer in appliance recycling programs.
ARCA Recycling Inc ARCA Recycling has over 40 years of experience in the appliance recycling industry includes nearly two decades of providing energy efficiency program services for more than 250 electric utilities. A pioneer in developing cutting-edge technologies to serve its clients, ARCA maximizes materials recycling while protecting natural resources from the environmentally damaging substances found in old appliances.
352 Sackett Point RdNorth Haven, CT
Transportation and Storage