Gas Plant Filler
- $16 Hourly
Arc3 Gases, Inc. (“Arc3”) is a growing, multi-generation family-owned and operated manufacturer and distributor of industrial, medical, food and beverage, and specialty gases and welding supplies, with over 50 locations in Virginia, the Carolinas, and Maryland. We have a broad retail and distribution network that enables us to provide outstanding service to customers of all types and sizes, and we serve many industries ranging from fabrication and manufacturing to research, health care, and food and beverage. Arc3’s CO2 division supplies CO2 and nitrogen gases and generation systems to customers from Delaware to Florida.
Arc3 succeeds by building lasting relationships with our employees, our customers, and our business partners. We treat people the right way, we’re reliable, and we engender trust using our technical expertise to help our customers build and improve their businesses. We attract, develop, and retain employees who deliver this value consistently over time by offering them competitive pay and benefits and a long-term career path, and by heavily investing in their safety, health, and overall well-being.
The primary function of the Gas Plant Filler is to fill and handle gas cylinders as directed by the Gas Plant Manager. The Gas Plant Filler will also perform other duties as directed, including cylinder painting and maintenance, loading and unloading trucks, and occasional administrative tasks. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday and starting pay is $15.75 per hour.
- Fill cylinders with gases using approved methods and ensure accuracy & quality.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks.
- Perform the appropriate safety inspection of cylinders before filling them.
- Complete required paperwork for filling cylinders (especially applies to food grade and medical gases.)
- Present a professional image in appearance.
- Ensure that the work area is well-maintained and clean.
- Complete and maintain all company-required paperwork.
- Comply with safety regulations and requirements.
- Attend training as required.
- Generally support fellow members of the gas plant team and perform other related duties as directed.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Basic reading and writing skills required.
- Commercial drivers’ license preferred.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must handle heavy cylinders and materials.
- Must work with hazardous materials.
- Stand and walk for eight-hour periods.
- Roll two cylinders at a time continuously.
- Grip cylinder handles and caps continuously.
- Bend at the waist and knees frequently.
- Use feet to push cylinders into interlocking position and to help move cylinders as they are rolled continuously.
- Use full body force to tighten ratchet straps frequently.
- Able to twist cylinder caps continuously.
- Loud noise levels.
- Exposed to all weather conditions.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts with Annual Company Contribution
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- New Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program with Health Insurance Premium Discounts
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Personal Protective Equipment Reimbursements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Disabled/Protected Veterans.
#gasplant #laborer #gasplantworker #plantlaborer #generallabor #fillplant #gases #gascylinder #gascylinders #forklift #loading #unloading
ARC3 GASES SOUTHGreenville, SC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.