Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The part-time Retail Clerk position is responsible for stocking and inventorying products as well as maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the retail location. The Retail Clerk provides general customer service and assistance to guests and processes sales transactions. Essential functions and responsibilities may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Greets and assists customers while anticipating their needs
- Ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels, replenishes and arranges items as needed to maintain appearance.
- Displays a high level of product knowledge to assist with the customer service experience.
- Operates register and processes credit card transactions.
- Responsible for End of Day settlement processes for both credit cards and Retail POS system.
- Performs opening and closing procedures to include key holding responsibilities
- Maintains excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Ensures security of company assets.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Computer experience (knowledge of Quick Books is a plus)
- 2 + years of retail experience
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs (weekdays, Monday through Friday)
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Standing during whole shift
- Bending, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items of up to 25 pounds
- High level of organizational skills, integrity and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills working with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) plus proficient in use of Oracle (preferred).
- The ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as be part of a team.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent