Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: The Dietary Worker provides patient customer service via phone and software systems and serves as a liaison to other departments regarding patient meal services. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
* Provides patient customer service by takings phone calls and entering patient meal orders
* Directs patient inquiries regarding meal and nutritional needs to appropriate parties
* Utilizes software to record patient orders
* Maintains general knowledge of therapeutic diets to ensure meal orders are process accurately
* Works closely with doctors, nurses, and the room service team to ensure accurate patient nutrition
* Maintains the privacy, safety, and dignity of each customer by observing client confidentiality and by strictly adhering to safety and sanitation standards
* Provides excellent customer service and maintains a positive attitude towards clients, customers, co-workers, hospital staff, etc.
* Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
* Previous customer service and/or call center experience preferred
* Experience in food service, as a dietary clerk, or in a related field preferred
* Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Requires strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
* Working knowledge of web based software; ability to adapt to changes in software programs