APTIM, a leading engineering & environmental firm with a thriving coastal engineering practice, is pleased to announce an immediate opening for an entry-level Coastal/Civil Engineer in our Wilmington North Carolina Office. This opportunity will allow the selected candidate to work with a multi-disciplined team of coastal professionals on a variety of coastal engineering projects with a concentration in beach nourishment, inlet management, flood mitigation, and navigation studies. This position has tremendous growth and career development potential for a passionate engineer. Projects may include feasibility analysis, engineering design analysis, limited modeling, report preparation, data collection, construction engineering services, project monitoring, and client contact, at a minimum. The candidate will perform tasks under the direction of a Professional Engineer through all phases of projects including the initial planning and design, permitting, construction and monitoring.
- Perform coastal engineering analyses and designs through the application of coastal theory.
- Organize and interpret engineering data to prepare clear and concise engineering reports and technical documentation.
- Assist in obtaining State and Federal project permits and perform permit compliance.
- Prepare project construction plans and specifications.
- Perform project construction observations, interpret contract documents, enforce contract specifications, and review submittals for accuracy, completeness and design consistency.
- Communicate with co-workers, clients and the public in a professional manner including in a meeting or presentation.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple assignments efficiently and effectively with limited supervision.
- Understand limitations of education and experience and bring problems beyond capability to supervisor's attention.
- Ensure conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Other work activities include assisting in proposal efforts, preparation of labor/material estimates, design packages and deliverables, documenting technical data for management review and performing other entry level duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in coastal engineering or related scientific field.
- Engineering Intern (EI) certification or desire to obtain EI.
- Desire to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) licensure.
- Possess strong technical and analytical skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to fluently communicate in spoken and written English.
- Have a passion for working in a consulting firm environment on coastal projects.
- Willing to travel and work in the field at coastal project locations for short periods of time.
- Self-motivated, hard-worker capable of working both independently and in a team setting.
- Desire to gain knowledge and experience and advance career.
- Has 0-2 year's relevant experience.
- Must possess a clean driving record.
Preferred Additional Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Experience in field data collection such as water level, topographic, hydrographic, oceanographic data.
- SCUBA Certification
- Experienced boat operator
- CPE and First Aid Certification
- Competent swimmer comfortable with ocean and coastal waters.
- Experience with numerical modeling of coastal, flood mitigation, or storm water projects to evaluate project alternatives.
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How We Make a Difference at https://youtu.be/ET7y0zwL88A " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services . Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may make their request known by e-mailing HRQuestions@cbifederalservices.com or calling 855.343.5600 for assistance.