- This work instruction defines the role of the Production Supervisor who reports directly to and takes direction from the Production Superintendent of their assigned shift. Their role is to supervise and coordinate activities of operations Team Members.
- As a role model to the employees and as a company representative consistently interprets, enforces, and communicates company policies and safety regulations to team members.
- Responsible for identifying deficiencies in training and development for team members and is able to requirements to ensure production of defect-free product delivered on time.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Consistently addresses good safety practices with team members and will take immediate action should there be any safety violations committed.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are in working order and that they are in place and used in a safe, efficient manner.
- Ensure consistent execution of job rotation through proper management and appropriate verification.
- Lead your area in continuous improvement, while accepting full ownership for area responsibility.
- Perform team member evaluations and corrective actions as necessary. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate team members to achieve work goals. Proactive rather than avoidance approach in resolving problems or conflicts.
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustment of machines.
- Study production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules. Ensure that direct and indirect labor goals are met on a daily basis through strict compliance of working to the required manpower numbers.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyze and resolves work problems, or assists team members in solving work problems.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Manage scrap within your area to achieve program fiscal plan goals.
- Be 100% trained on the operations supervised.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Portions of the job may not be standardized or completely described in the job description and may require some independent action and thinking by the employee.
Disciplinary Procedures may be administered
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Have basic knowledge of the material flow and key quality characteristics.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and handle up to 45 lbs.
- Ability to deal with problems and multiple priorities
- Interpersonal skills
- 8D problem solving class
- Certificate(s): Electronics, PLC, and mechanics
- Two (2) years of college or university program certificate required; and two (2) plus years of supervisory experience
- Product Inspection Experience
- Two year technical degree (mechanical or electronics) from an academically accredited institution