APS Automatic Payroll Systems, Inc. Shreveport, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Based in Shreveport, Louisiana, we began in 1996 by offering payroll processing and tax compliance services. In 2000, we made the strategic decision to develop our own technology. From that decision, the APS cloud solution was born and designed to help small to midsize businesses harness the power of the cloud to improve workforce management and mitigate compliance risk. Our workforce management solution is a highly flexible and powerful system for core HR, payroll, and time & attendance. In addition, we offer an expanded technology platform which includes self-service for employees and managers, mobile access, carrier connections, and data integration capabilities.
We’re proud of the software we’ve developed and how we help our clients achieve their goals by decreasing their labor costs, streamlining inefficient processes, and improving engagement with their employees.
We are currently seeking a Tax Accountant. This is a non-exempt position located in our Corporate Office in Shreveport, Louisiana. No travel is required. The Tax Accountant is responsible for processing client payroll tax returns. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Process client payroll tax returns.
- Process combined returns.
- New hire hires reporting three times per month.
- Process the Multi-Work Site reporting at the end of the quarter for clients, as requested.
- Address all tax notices/correspondence related to payroll tax returns.
- Maintain current format for filing with various agencies
- Close client payroll tax accounts at the end of the quarter as requested by the client.
- Process applications for tax accounts as requested from Implementation.
- Process applications for tax accounts as requested from existing clients.
- Process client payroll tax notices.
- Other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Back up for the tax account number verification process for existing tax accounts.
- Assist with various team projects as assigned.
- Annually, at the end of the year, gather new employment rates released by the states for the upcoming year and update the clients’ rates in the system.
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: NA
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The list below is representative of the qualifications, skills, and abilities required and preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 2 years payroll tax experience preferred.
- Experience with software and systems preferred.
- Strong client centric focus.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work with people and work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work in an environment in which constant deadlines exist.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to successfully perform in this position.
- Must understand all company guidelines, procedures, and workflow.
APS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) for retirement with an employer match/no vesting schedule, PTO and holiday paid time off.
At APS, our mission is to make payroll and HR easier. Everyday we strive to...
- Do the Right Thing
- Serve Others
- Be Our Best
- Find the Fun
Check APS out and see what we are about.
APS Automatic Payroll Systems, Inc.
3010 Knight StreetShreveport, LA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at APS Automatic Payroll Systems, Inc.