Product Data Analyst
APR Staffing Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Product Data Analyst
Location: United States - Remote
We are looking for a data analyst to work with our product team. In this role, you will play a critical role in decisions to improve our product as we solve exciting new problems in the outdoor space.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering.
We're looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Work closely with our product and leadership teams to answer questions on user behavior and the results of product tests.
- Create reports and dashboards to grow visibility to product metrics.
- Catalog and understand the schema of available product data across a variety of sources; work with the product and marketing teams to fill gaps and improve data access.
- Monitor key metrics for trends, changes, and unexpected behavior.
Experience and Requirements:
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with product and business analytics
- Excellent SQL skills (we use BigQuery and PostgreSQL)
- Programming experience in Python, R, or similar languages
- Experience with A/B testing and descriptive statistics
- A proven ability to derive insights from varied, imperfect, and inconsistent data sources
- Familiarity with data visualization principles and experience using dashboarding tools, such as Mode or Metabase, to present findings. More advanced visualization skills using Python/R notebooks preferred.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new tools and languages
- Degree in Statistics, Math, or related quantitative fields
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About APR Staffing
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
TechnologyView all jobs at APR Staffing