Lead Backend Developer
APR Staffing Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, dental, medical,
Job Title: Lead Backend Developer - Ruby
Our client is seeking a talented backend developer with a Ruby background to lead their API team as they solve exciting new problems in the outdoor space. In this role, you'll be working to evolve and maintain their API and other backend systems.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering.
We're looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how they work. They value patience and empathy in their product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — They come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to the company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help them build better products.
- Lead a team of 2-5 other backend developers working to evolve and maintain our core API and data pipelines.
- Collaborate on API design and architecture decisions
- Work closely with the frontend teams on the implementation of new product features
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues in production
- Implement and maintain integrations with external services, such as Stripe, Iterable, Mapbox, and our campground partners
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ years of backend development experience on production apps in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience managing developers and a desire to help the team flourish.
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- Relational database skills — we use PostgreSQL views, triggers, and functions
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with JSON-API
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients through out the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TechnologyView all jobs at APR Staffing