Applied StemCell (ASC) is a leading preclinical CRO based in San Francisco Bay Area, California, that offers end-to-end integrated custom solutions in cutting-edge stem cell technology and genome editing for cell line and animal model generation. For more than 11 years, our technology and expertise has been carefully nurtured and developed to serve the unique basic and applied research needs of each or our 3000+ academic and biotechnology clients globally, from drug discovery, drug screening, bioprocessing, bioproduction, companion diagnostics to preclinical cell & gene therapy applications. Our mission is to help with biomedical community achieve better bench-to-bedside translation with their discoveries.
Applied StemCell is a leader in CRISPR-based and TARGATT technology gene editing and stem cell product space. Due to rapid growth, Applied StemCell has an opening for a Key Account Executive in it headquarter located in the Silicon Valley, California.
We are looking for an experienced and highly dedicated Key Account Executive with a track record to drive the sales of Applied StemCell CRISPR-based and TARGATT gene editing and stem cell products to industrial biopharmaceutical companies, academic and government institutions.
This individual will develop high value opportunities to closure and ensure uptake of our proprietary gene editing and stem cell service and products. This person will actively engage in deep account planning and rapidly develop a sustainable funnel of opportunities. This Key Account Executive will work in partnership with internal teams to provide support for customer applications as well as develop and nurture relationships with Key Opinion Leaders. This person will also relay voice of customer feedback to Executive Management, Marketing and Lead Scientist to optimize the customer experience and contribute to new product/service development ideas.
· At least 7+ years of successful history of commercial (sales/marketing) sales experience in Life Science industry preferably in one or more of the following areas: CRISPR-based genome editing, functional genomics, high-throughput cell line engineering, iPSC/ESC based cell line and transgenic animal model generations.
· Experience in selling complex solution and IP-based technologies to diverse, consortia-based clientele, biotech/pharmaceutic companies and academic researchers.
· Highly self-motivated with tactical sales closing skills and capable of managing a large geographical territory.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to negotiate and problem-solve.
· Knowledge of current marketing and advertising trends and best practices in the stem cell and gene editing Life Science industry.
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively deliver technical presentations, handle customer issues and work collaboratively to support the efforts of driving sales.
· Fast learner and adaptive in science, technology and IT systems. Using IT system tools to track progress and report goals.
· Demonstrated business acumen and a deep understanding of business sales processes.
· Previous basic laboratory experience is a plus in molecular cloning, DNA construct, genome editing, SNP, genotyping, cell culture, stem cells and/or iPSCs, and animal modeling.
· Must be highly self-motivated, goal oriented and have a “can-do” attitude.
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Aggressively drive sales and exceed sales quota
2. Actively seek, source and identify new business opportunities to promote company products and services.
3. Track global competitors to identify ASC’s competitive advantages and improve on sales pitch.
4. Develop deep knowledge of accounts, funding, competition leading to recurring accurate forecasting of sales.
1. Develop and implement effective pre-sales educational campaigns and other key growth activities to support assigned revenue goals and expansion of both brand and product awareness in the marketplace, leading to a measurable and sustainable funnel of opportunities.
2. Educating customers about ASC business solutions and products.
3. Identify and nurture Key Opinion Leader’s in multiple application areas and develop relationships to catalyze the sales and marketing efforts.
4. Work seamlessly with Scientist and Project Manager to develop action plans for specific customers and ensure the highest level of professional client communications to drive sales and boost up sales from returning customers.
5. Work with the Marketing team and Executive Management to convert/customize marketing plan into tactical action and deliverables while supporting and exploring new ways of customer interaction.
6. Provide Marketing, Product Development and other departments with service and products feedback, competitive intelligence, and market trends.
7. Read professional publications and do research to stay up to date on current technical development in the areas of gene editing, stem cell research, iPSC generation, and animal modeling.
8. Persuasively delivery customer-facing presentations covering a variety of scientific research topics, products, applications and data related to ASC core service and products.
9. Provide weekly activity update and recommendations to improve sales strategy.
Applied StemCell offers a competitive base salary, commission, bonus plan and benefits package.