Certified Home Health Aide
- Posted: over a month ago
- $41,500 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Job Description Summary
The home health aide is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse or therapist and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient’s needs. The home health aide is responsible for observing patients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
The home health aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient’s care.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Providing hands-on personal care including:
B. Back rubs
C. Oral hygiene
E. Changing bed linen
F. Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
G. Skin care to prevent breakdown
H. Assisting the patient with toileting activities
I. Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
2. Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
3. Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary.
4. Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
5. Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
6. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
7. Performing simple procedures as an extension of nursing services as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
8. Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication.
9. Doing patient’s laundry, as appropriate.
10. Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools,
side rails, etc.).
11. Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
12. Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
13. Adhering to the Organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Meets the training requirements and successfully completes:
A. A training and competency evaluation program that meets §484.80 (b) and (c); or
B. A competency evaluation that meets the requirements of §484.80 (c); or
C. A nurse aide training and competency evaluation approved by the state as meeting the requirements of §483.151 through §483.154 and is currently in good standing on the state nurse aide registry; or
D. The requirements of a state licensure program that meets the provisions of §484.80 (b) and (c).
2. Shows proof of registration on the Home Care Aide Registry through the Department of Social Services, Home Care Services Bureau, preferred.
3. At least 18 years of age.
4. Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
5. Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
6. Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
7. Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
8. Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
9. Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with Organization requirements and is in good working order.
The home health aide will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the State's Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the home health aide will not administer medications, take physician's orders or perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a nurse, such as sterile techniques.
APPLIED HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS INCWhy Work Here?
Work life-balance, Health and Medical Benefits, 401K, Career growth
Our services are available to patients who need intermittent, skilled nursing care at the convenience of their own private home, residential care facilities, independent care facilities, or in an Assisted Living. Our Home Health Care and Hospice Team works closely with the patient’s physician to provide the utmost care possible to our patients.
2865 Sunrise BlvdRancho Cordova, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at APPLIED HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS INC