Outside Sales Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing & training. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team. Apparatus Repair & Engineering, Inc. (AR&E) is UL certified and is an accredited shop through EASA. AR&E has been involved in the community for over 25 years. We specialize in electric motors, pumps, generators and controls. Our benefits include company paid Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and 401K options to our team members.
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent education & experience in Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of successful outside B2B sales experience, preferably in an engineering, industrial or heavy commercial industry or electric motor and rotating apparatus industry. Preference given to candidates with a successful sales track record in a power related industry, preferably from the voltage (480 VAC to 4 kV) electrical equipment testing & maintenance industry, including electrical field Services, field commissioning & acceptance testing, engineering in general including Arc Flash, Coordination Studies, transient studies, load flow analysis and general power engineering, and small scale electrical.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and highly motivated.
- Availability to travel weekdays.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written and oral presentation skills and solid understanding of profitability and other financial measurements.
- Strong sales skills including and effective negotiation skills, ability to successfully interact with key customer decision makers and influencers, and ability to prospect new customers and forecast future business.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Basic computer skills with the following software: Excel, Word, Adobe, Microsoft Outlook.
Job Responsibilities and Expectation's: The primary role of this position will be to provide account management/sales targeting industrial, municipal facilities, data center, hospitals, electrical contractors and commercial accounts to sell AR&E's full line of electrical testing, maintenance, repair & engineering services and products.
- Perform direct sales and business development activities which contribute to the growth and retention of business so as to meet or exceed targeted sales goals.
- Qualify prospective sales opportunities to determine which opportunities to pursue.
- Identify, develop and implement sales strategies.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates, sales proposals, and sales presentations.
- Visit assigned account(s) on a regular basis in order to maintain a "strategic relationship" status; identifies necessary account changes and opportunities as quickly as possible.
- Maintain industry knowledge and improve technical knowledge based on market requirements
- Support our key marketing activities necessary to support sales growth in efforts such as, road shows, national conferences, tradeshows, sales trainings, and various sales engagement activities such as trade organizations.
- Manages pricing and channel issues as they arise relating to competitive quotes and cross selling conflicts.
- Support account from sales, securing purchase orders, terms and conditions, and customer relations.
- Perform job walks.
- Be a front line focal point between sales and production to qualify opportunities.
- Be able to support lunch and learns and lead customer discussions.
- Work with Customer Service group to enhance customer’s buying experience.
- Import sales activity into CRM.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to travel overnight at times to visit customers and prospective customers
- Must be able to drive for extended periods, work at a desk/cubicle on a PC, and visit and tour varying customer sites with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check, drug screen, physical exam.
APPARATUS REPAIR & ENG INC
BusinessView all jobs at APPARATUS REPAIR & ENG INC