- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Apollo Genetics owns and operates a CLIA certified laboratory located in New Orleans, Louisiana. The lab specializes in next generation sequencing genetic testing for hereditary Cancer Genetic Screenings (CGX), Pharmacogenetics Screening (PGX) and Carrier Genetic Screenings. These tests can help determine whether you or your loved ones are at risk for life-threatening side effects or diseases. Early detection can be key for preventing the development of serious illnesses and can help to assist in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Follow-up care plans through genetic counseling after completion of a genetics test can also contribute to creating a healthier way of life. Our genetics lab is licensed in 49 states for accepting new patients. We accept patients from reference labs, physician referrals, and personal inquiries. Talk with us or your primary care physician about receiving your genetic testing through Apollo Genetics. Out-of-pocket and insurance plans are both accepted.
Our core values make us who we are, our company's genetic makeup: Ownership, Growth, Empathy, Integrity, Collaboration and enjoying the ride! We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for our employees. To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit our website here.
Job Summary, Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a certified laboratory professional with Clinical Laboratory experience (strong preference being given to those with Molecular and/or Genetics experience). The idea candidate will have Molecular/Genetic laboratory experience, but it is not a requirement. This is a Clinical pathogenic/genetic disease testing laboratory (using Next Generation Sequencing techniques).
Experience in lab automation, LIS support, Next generation sequencing (NGS), and associated facility in bioinformatics data analysis is preferred.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate specimens received by the department and organize workflow to provide optimum efficiency of testing and turnaround time of results.
- Extract, denature and purify DNA.
- Perform PCR and genetic sequencing methods.
- Evaluate results to determine interference, inhibition, or other problems that arise during extraction, amplification, or sequencing of DNA.
- Perform quality control, validation, and other quality activities to verify performance of clinical assays.
- Maintain equipment by performing assigned maintenance activities and troubleshoot unexpected problems with equipment.
- Record data to monitor temperatures of incubation equipment.
- Evaluate inventory of supplies and reagents and communicate order needs.
- Operate complex equipment and computer programs related to equipment and LIS system.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment.
- Perform proficiency testing to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Assist department in writing and maintaining standard operating procedures for clinical assays. Document knowledge by reviewing and signing SOPs annually.
- Follow laboratory policies and procedures such as attendance and time reporting policies.
- Education for MT, MLS, MB, and CG: Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science, Clinical Lab Science, Chemistry, or a related life science
- Education for MLT: Associates degree in Clinical Lab Science, Biology, or related life science
- Current LSBME Licensure: MT/MLS/MLT-Generalist; MB, HT (must sit for exam in 3 months), CG (FISH experience required)-Specialist.
- 1+ years of full-time experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Requires the ability to self-motivate and execute scientific experiments in a timely manner.
- Requires a working knowledge of computer software programs such as: Excel, Word, etc.
- Requires strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Team-oriented philosophy
- High School diploma or equivalent education required
- Lab Assistant training and certification preferred
- Working towards an undergraduate or graduate Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Laboratory/Medical Technology Science or a related field preferred
Company Benefits and Perks
- 401k with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Choose your pay frequency - Weekly or Semi-monthly
- Company culture and company lunches and other activities
- Career growth opportunities
- Apollo Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apollo Genetics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
APOLLO HEALTH GROUP
HealthcareView all jobs at APOLLO HEALTH GROUP