Manager is looking for someone who has experience doing dashboards, data mining, and knows databases very well. Someone that knows how to integrate tools and data. Someone that has worked on an integration with SOAP, REST and API's. Someone that has knowledge with SQL is important. Someone that has worked on data visualization as well is a plus.
Want to develop an Engineering Dashboard solution that helps our Enterprise Mobile Computing division engineering base to provide visibility on product development to make smarter decisions, identify risk and Realtime health check? As a member of the EMC Engineering Tools and Process team, you will be instrumental in creating new breakthrough Dashboard Tool. Our motto is "Have Fun At Work" and we want employees who enjoy what they do. We collectively work together to drive our business forward and need collaborative individuals to join our family and contribute to our success. Inspired? Motivated? Think you can do it? Come join us!
The new member will be part of the EMC Engineering Tools & process, an engineering integrated tooling platform team responsible for the development of tools integration to enable data flow and feed the data into the right solution to define and design key metrics indicators via visualization located in Holtsville, New York. This team is responsible for providing third party tools, in-house build tooling solution, integrating tools aligned with Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise SAFe 4.0 development process that will transform data coming various tools into actionable insights using descriptive, predictive or prescriptive analytics. The solutions will be deployed in On-Premise environments. This team is responsible for JIRA, Polarion, Git, Gerrit, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and many more. Those Tools together creates the integrated development tooling platform that used by our engineering base in EMC division, including Software, Hardware, System Engineering, Product management, Program management and others.
Working within a cross functional, Agile working environment, the Tool Developer is responsible for hands on development of the Engineering Dashboard solution. The candidate will be creative on finding 3rd party solution of in house build tool to establish the data flow and design the metrics for visalization. This candidate will have a sound knowledge of Java, Spring, NoSQL, SQL, REST, SOAP APIs, front end web development and be prepared to work on a variety of new technologies as required during the development of this new solutions. The candidate should be self-motivated and should have the drive to work on rapidly changing requirements to meet end user needs.
• Level I: 0-3 years experience / Level II: 4-7 years experience / Level III: 7-10 years experience / Level IV: 10+ years experience
• Production software development experience
• Ability to work across product teams in a cross functional environment with various roles (Product Owner, Scrum Master, Interaction Designer and Tools Architect)
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Actively identifies issues and raises impediments, finds solution to blockers and helps resolve technical issues in time to help achieve sprint goal.
• SAFe Agile/ Scrum knowledge is a plus
• Working knowledge of Java Web Applications in Client Server environment.
• Working knowledge of Jersey, JSON, Spring
• Working Knowledge of integrating Tools using REST and SOAP
• Working knowledge of building compelling back end application frameworks.
• Working knowledge of reporting tools such as Tibco, Tableu, Hygieia, High Chart, QlikView, Tableau and or other BI paid or open source tools
• Strong interest in product development and building extensible frameworks.
• Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL and PostgreSQL
• Knowledge of NoSQL systems like Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Oracle
• Experience developing micro services using HATEOAS, REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, etc.
• Continuously improve, refine and refactor the code.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems