We are seeking an experienced healthcare compliance expert to direct program level compliance for Behavioral Health group homes, residential, and in-home programs.
This is a position that requires someone with the ability to be extremely organized and task completion oriented in a very challenging environment.
This director level position requires strong supervisory, quality assurance, management, and organizational skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills are also required.
- Oversees and monitors the implementation and operation of an effective compliance program covering all elements of the system, including but not limited to residential programs, in-home programs, day habilitation programs, wellness programs, and behavioral health.
- Develops, implements and periodically reviews/updates compliance policies and compliance procedures to ensure that they appropriately address material areas of compliance risk impacting every Agency component.
- Implements governing body's directives, and agency policies and procedures.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of an annual compliance education curriculum that includes mandatory general compliance education for all employees focused on compliance program elements and annually thereafter, as well as annual role-based compliance training regarding pertinent legal standards for employees.
- Serves as a resource to executives and management for compliance guidance and assistance in establishing and implementing compliance risk minimization strategies that reduce the Agency’s vulnerability to fraud and abuse.
- Monitors changes in laws, regulations, rules, enforcement agency guidance/initiatives and case law developments and
- Responsible for reading, knowing, and complying with all appropriate governing documents in the administration of Agency programs be it contracts, agency policies and procedures, State or Federal standards, specific program operations manuals and circulars both internal and external, and the like.
- Completes and/or reviews all reports, forms, schedules and other documentation as required by the agency.
- Tracks all QA reporting and forms, ensuring all necessary follow-ups are completed that were noted.
- Responsible for ensuring the complete training and onboarding and completion of Orientation for all new hire employees.
- Ensures and supports appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or his/her designee.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required.
· Advanced degree in law, business or healthcare administration is preferred.
· 7 to 10 years progressive managerial experience and comprehensive experience or training in internal auditing and regulatory compliance in healthcare.
· Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) by the Health Care Compliance Association preferred.
· Must possess thorough knowledge of laws, rules and regulations pertaining to DDD and provider operations (including Stark, antikickback and other fraud and abuse laws), and principles, practices and techniques of compliance management, including program planning and implementation, fiscal/financial analysis and basic accounting.
· 5-7 years of experience working in the field with individuals with developmental disabilities.
· 5+ years of experience in health care administration.