Accounts Payable Specialist
- Posted: October 04, 2022
- $22 to $27 Hourly
David Geffen Health Center, Koreatown - Los Angeles, CA
$22.35 - $26.59 Hourly
Day: 8am - 5pm
Perform all accounts payable related functions necessary for the timely payment of invoices, including entering invoices, processing checks, and distributing checks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Invoice I Expense & Mileage Reports/ Check request processing
- Verify invoice/expense report, electronic purchase orders or check request for accuracy and indicate/verify GL coding.
- Verify proper authorizations of responsible personnel.
- Verify proper paperwork before paying, including signed contract, W-9 and required insurance .
- Maintain schedule of contractual obligations and lease payments.
- Review electronic purchase orders and/or enter invoices/expense reports, check requests and contracts into Abila MIP accounts payable module and post to GL in accordance with APLA policy (e.g. policies regarding statements, fax copies etc).
- Present payable items to the Director of Finance and Grants for final review.
- Process monthly AMEX invoice.
- Prepare weekly check runs and submit for signatures of authorized personnel.
- Distribute signed checks to vendors via mail or otherwise as appropriate or directed by authorized personnel.
- Void checks and arrange stop payments.
- Prepare manual checks as required.
- Vendor Maintenance including adding, deleting or changing vendor information.
- Accounts Payable File Maintenance including vendor files and canceled checks.
- Respond to staff and vendor inquiries, requests for credit applications and W-9's.
- Maintain and update taxpayer ID information and prepare annual 1099's and associated filings.
- Prepare deposits including grant payments, dental clinic and development receipts, and make desktop deposits or take deposit to bank, as appropriate.
- Serve as backup for other positions in the department as needed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
A minimum of 1-2 years work experience in the role of Accounts Payable specialist, and High school diploma or GED required. Proficient in use of MS Excel and Word. Proficient in use of Abila MIP software or other financial software.
Accounting principles and an understanding of Accounts Payable systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an• office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper. COVID-19 and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/transgender/disability/veteran.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at APLA Health