Customer Service Representative (Operations Representative)
APL Logistics Scottsdale, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role supports the Customer Service Supervisor/Manager and US Logistics Analyst if applicable, to execute day-to-day activities for relevant LOB for North America Operations and our customers. The person will liaises closely with customer/vendor to ensure compliance of logistics requirements to achieve high operations and customer service excellence.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Execute day-to-day operational activities according to requirements and KPI to obtain high customer satisfaction.
- Identify recurring internal process failures/redundancies/problems.
- Review and resolve all customer's enquiries and concerns promptly and professionally.
- Understanding of APLL system to interpret, input and resolve discrepant data.
- Liaise with Customer and co-ordinate operational requirements occurring globally.
- Ensure close co-ordination with carrier, co-loader, airfreight forwarders, contractors, warehouse, and internal operation teams for smooth operations.
- Communicating quotations to customers according to guidelines established.
- Establish and maintain logistics procedures.
- Co-ordinate shipments with carriers, shippers, consignees, and global origin teams.
- Provide excellent customer service support and co-ordination of cargo thru the supply chain.
- Joint calls with customer service team to customer/vendor to build rapport, strengthen business relationship, review process and seek business opportunities.
- Ensure all costs and revenue are accrued and billed.
- Report and review non-compliance with Supervisor, Service Integrity or Global origin teams.
- Coordinate, when required, with service provider for cargoes pick up, delivery and redistribution.
- Confirm all required documentation is completed for import, export as well as transhipments.
- Communicate quotations requests for additional services requested by the customer.
- Implement new process/procedures based on customer request/requirement.
- Customer or internal report analysis and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years working experience in Customer Service and/or Logistics/Freight Forwarding.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Possess Customer Service mindset and passion for service excellence.
- Ability to work well under pressure independently, perform and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite Products (MS Word, EXCEL, etc.)and technically savvy.
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people.
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace.
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
APL LogisticsWhy Work Here?
Be part of a winning team that emphasizes professional growth and development.
BusinessView all jobs at APL Logistics