Fire Alarm Project Manager
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Fire Alarm Project Manager
The fire alarm project manager will manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the project life cycle of multiple and simultaneous projects. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-driven team player responsible for the coordination of all project requirements included but not limited to scope, schedule, procurement, budget, client relations, project management, and contract administration. The fire alarm project manager will have experience in establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with the client, subcontractors, and any other project stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Project Manage and oversee all types of fire alarm systems.
- Accountable to project execution and successful completion.
- Act as the primary contact of project to the client.
- Develop and maintain detailed work breakdown structure integrated and consistent with project schedules.
- Coordinate and interface will all project team members while promoting and maintaining open communication.
- Collaborate with supporting departments to define and manage deliverables.
- Organize all project documents and drawings using designated software.
- Manage and direct subcontractors and manage material procurement.
- Manage and generate day-to-day administrative items such as change directives, RFIs, submittals, contracts, change order requests, subcontractor change orders, etc.
- Review of system layout and design, ensuring compliance with local, state, and national codes and standards as well as looking for value engineering opportunities.
- Scheduling and manpower coordination with both office and field personnel alike.
- Document control, contract scope review and maintaining records of the project for both current and future use.
- Communication and attendance of weekly design and project management meetings.
- Financial management including identifying changes to the project scope that impact costs as well as ensuring change orders and billings are submitted and paid in a timely manner.
- Assist with development, suitability, and implementation of Risk Hazard Analyses.
- Site survey, onsite commissioning, and owners training.
- Foster strong working relationships and rapport with customers, clients, subcontractors, and colleagues.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of electrical and fire alarm commercial construction.
- Knowledge of industry, state, and local code requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret all contract drawings and specifications such as Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Security and Architectural.
- Experience processing RFI’s, Submittals, and take-off’s is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies is a must.
- Self-motivated, proactive and a quick learner that can thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- High level of integrity with demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Office products is required.
- Knowledge of scheduling software is desirable. The candidate should show strong technical skills, business management acumen and possess leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years in the electrical construction industry or fire alarm industry experience.
- Experience as a Project Manager in electrical contracting is preferred.
- Experience in understanding blueprints, electrical diagrams, specifications, proposals, and contractual documentation is highly desirable.
- Fire Alarm NICET or related certification is desired.
- Working knowledge of fire alarm systems required.
- Self-motivated and able to fluidly handle multiple tasks and projects congruently.
- Works well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team oriented, and excellent communication skills.
Ability to travel overnight and work out of town if required
APIC Solutions Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. APIC Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
APIC SolutionsAlbuquerque, NM
ConstructionView All APIC Solutions Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.