API Heat Transfer
- Posted: over a month ago
API Heat Transfer is looking for people who enjoy being part of transformation. We have a new mission, new leaders, and are accelerating our path to Lean Cultural Change. Our Operations Team is on the way to becoming a Lean Management powerhouse! If you like to fix things, improve processes and want to be part of a new API, we'd love to talk to you about our Buyer/Planner position!
What We Offer You:
- Be part of leading-edge technology for the heat transfer industry
- Ability to impact customers across multiple industries
- Full health & welfare benefits, 401(k), PTO, and developmental opportunities!
What Can Our Location Offer You:
- Only 20 minutes from the beautiful Buffalo waterfront and 45 minutes from Niagara Falls
- In house market style cafeteria with plenty of healthy selections
- Buffalo is known for our wide range of choices for food and beverages from our famous Buffalo Wings and Beef on Weck to several micro-breweries and distilleries scattered across the region
What You Will Do:
This role will report directly to the Procurement and Planning Manager of the Buffalo facility and will also have accountability to the Corporate Supply Chain Function.
- Develop standards for new products or services
- Maintain comprehensive descriptions of available products and current prices
- Responsible for Buying assigned commodities and planning production work orders.
- Source suppliers and negotiate pricing for assigned products.
- Initiates purchase orders timely and accurately based on demand generated by MRP to support production and spare parts orders.
- Identify varied sources of commodities, negotiate pricing, evaluate bids and awards contracts and purchase orders.
- Place orders for assigned commodities per Company policies and guidelines.
- Maintain contact and develop relationships with suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to expedite, re-schedule or cancel open orders as required by product demand.
- Establish stocking levels, re-order points and ordering quantities ensuring parts are in stock while managing inventory dollars and turns.
- Conduct research for alternative products or suppliers that result in product improvements or cost savings. Process material substitutions.
- Resolve supplier discrepancies regarding paperwork, invoice issues or any other issues.
- Maintain records of suppliers, products, and pricing.
- Management of supplier terms and documentation (certifications, conflict materials, REACH/RoHS compliance, EPA prohibited substances verification, etc.). Buyer / Planner is responsible for working with engineering and other functions to coordinate responses to customer requests for these reports.
- Provide back up for Planners for all Focus Factories.
- Run Production Requirements Planning (PRP) and create work orders to bring stock to the maximum per part.
- Schedule orders with critical path parts and takt time focus to ensure timely completion of jobs.
- Work with the Focus Factory Supervisors to schedule and plan a consistent flow of goods to the assembly floor, maximizing throughput and delivery performance to the end customer.
- Review shortage report daily for action items and to assure an on-time supply for production planning as well as meet customer delivery, quality and price requirements.
- Reviews existing work order exceptions and then correct, expedite, de-expedite to bring production in line with customer on time delivery requirements.
- Selects parts for work order creation (at top and lower levels) based on material availability, labor and plant capacity.
- Monitors inventory and completes all necessary transactions on work orders, keeping inventory levels accurate and in-balance.
- Accurate scheduling and planning of jobs through production.
- Balancing shop resources and labor capacity to achieve desired performance. Manage capacity and load for efficient part movement through the shop.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet quickly changing requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
- A bachelor’s degree with a business background is preferred. An equal combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing/operations industry.
- Advanced MS Office Skills; Advanced EXCEL user, Pivot table, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems preferably PLEX
- Proven knowledge of purchasing, production planning and inventory control in manufacturing environment, as well as Supply Chain best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of project manager and Gantt Charts preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with an ability to handle a multitude of projects required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- General knowledge of manufacturing environment/order flow required.
Check out the COOL things we’ve been up to!
- Cube Cooling for Frac Truck
- Turnkey Solutions for Nonalcoholic Beer & Wine
- Heat Exchanger for Pharmaceuticals
API Heat Transfer
BusinessView all jobs at API Heat Transfer
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?