APEX Investigation is a leader in Insurance, Workers' Compensation, Liability and Human Resource Investigations. Our experience investigating thousands of cases, and our ability to adapt to the ever-changing laws impacting our clients gives APEX the leading edge in defending frivolous, exaggerated or fraudulent claims. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for our Surveillance Investigator position.
This is a full-time position and where investigators perform stationary and mobile surveillance in a variety of environments, including high crime areas and use pretexting in their investigations to gather information. Investigators obtain clear and steady videotape and then provide a detailed report to clients.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Conducts surveillance of both stationary and mobile subjects in a covert manner
- Obtains professional, quality video which will meet the requirements of clients and guidelines of court evidence
- Prepares and submits accurate summaries of case activity on a daily basis
- Provides professional, expedient and legal investigative services as requested by clients
- Performs case reviews to determine case objective and to verify information regarding address, telephone number, vehicles, and any other information to be generated
- Utilize online case management system, to prepare concise and accurate reports depicting all aspects of the progression of an investigation
- Maintains verbal/electronic (email) daily contact with management regarding case activity
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Preferred Degree in Criminal Justice or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Must own or have access to a covert and mechanically reliable vehicle (no trucks or large SUV's)
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record
- Must own a laptop computer with current operating system
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule with some overnight travel; including weekends and some holidays
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Work Independently
- Paid travel
- Ability to travel throughout California if desired
- You will be part of a great team of fellow Field Investigators
- Able to earn hours toward PI License
Surveillance Vehicle Information
Investigators must drive a company approved vehicle, which is defined as a non-descript vehicle that does not stand out or can be easily forgotten. Red, yellow, orange and maroon vehicle colors are prohibited. Convertibles are prohibited. Pickup trucks and minivans will be looked at on an individual basis. Aftermarket wheels, loud exhaust, personalized license plates or license plate frames and stickers on the bumpers or windows are prohibited. All surveillance vehicles must have approved window tinting that is in compliance with state law. The vehicles must be safe and in a good working condition. It is the Investigator’s responsibility to maintain their vehicle in good working order.
- Simple IRA Plan
- Mileage and Travel Reimbursement
After making a conditional offer of employment, the company will conduct a job-related background check. A comprehensive background check may consist of prior employment verification, motor vehicle records, professional reference checks, education confirmation and/ or criminal record and credit checks. Third-party services will be hired to perform these checks. Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.
**After an offer is made and accepted, the employer will comply with the Immigration and Nationality Act I-9 requirements to establish your identity and employment eligibility. In addition, please note that this employer is an E-Verify Employer.