Assess and treat individuals with mental, emotional and/or substance abuse problems, including abuse of alcohol, tobacco and/or other drugs. Activities may include individual, family and group therapy, crisis intervention, case management, client advocacy, conducting assessments, prevention, education and skills training.
Mandatory: all staff must visit clients in the community, submit notes within 48 hours, physically attend treatment plan meetings bi-weekly,
1.Understands the key values and activities of case management.
2.Demonstrates understanding of the overall nature, course and treatment of mental illness.
3.Demonstrates knowledge of co-occurring illness process.
4.Demonstrates understanding of mental health service systems and assists program participants in identifying, securing and sustaining a range of resources needed to facilitate independent community living.
5. Assists in formulating a service and rehabilitation plan that will insure that needed services are delivered.
6. Provides service linkage and case monitoring leading to corrections and adjustments in services delivered.
7. Conducts problem solving individual sessions to assist clients address challenges.
8. Serves as an advocate to acquire services for clients
9.Co ordinates family involvement in the service and rehabilitation process.
10.Evaluates services that are provided to ensure that necessary improvements are made to increase outcomes.
11. Provides the continuity of contact for the program participant throughout the entire service process.
12. Coordinates access to housing, social services, substance abuse services and other community resources and consults with these resources to assist persons in achievement of desired goals.
13. Helps program participants negotiate the system of financial entitlements to ensure they have adequate income and health care coverage.
14. Understands and responds to client rights and advocates for program participants.
15. Understands vocational rehabilitation services in a manner that facilitates access for program participants.
16. Develops supports for program participants who are employed or involved in employment programs.
17. Assists program participants in daily and independent living skills.
18. Monitors and assesses program participant’s behavior and functioning and provides therapists with information relevant in supporting treatment plan development.
19. Serves as a conduit and link between program participants and the community services and resources.
20. Assists program participants in learning appropriate social skills and behaviors.
21. Assists program participants with linkage to family members and family support.
22. Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team , supporting the development of a plan of care that is based on individual strengths, needs abilities preferences.
23. Conducts functional assessments to aid in the development of the individual service plan.
24. Participates in organizational processes, as directed by the program director/clinical director, that may include quality assurance, peer record review and health/safety activities.
25. Conducts weekly calls to identified contacts of assigned caseload.
26. Conducts individual, family and group sessions.
Paraprofessional, Supervised Therapist, Case Managers, LAPC, LAMFT, LMSW,
Completion of a minimum of 30 hours of paraprofessional training and successful completion of all written exams and competency-based skills demonstrations.
Completion of Standardized Training Requirement for Paraprofessionals approved by the Department of Community Health (includes training provided by the organization and on-line training provided via Essential Learning.)
All applicants must be able to provide services to clients and families during NON-traditional work days and hours.
You must be dependable, have a computer with internet services and the ability to accurately and sufficiently write BIRP notes.
Must have reliable transportation and pass various background checks in order to productively provide services in the community.
Must have previous work history or education regarding interactions with community care.
APEX FAMILY HEALTH CARE SERVICES
Why Work Here?Please visit our website at www.apexfamilyhealthcare.com to learn more about the agency.
Apex Family Healthcare Services is a thriving Full Service Behavioral Health Center