Management Consultant (Visa SME)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $95,000 to $145,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
• Bachelor’s Degree, (advanced degree preferred), and;
• At least 15 years of consular or Foreign Service experience, including interpreting and applying
complex regulatory material for a minimum of 10 years. The regulatory material is identified in Section C.1.4.
Applicable Documents and includes such regulatory documents as the Foreign Affairs Manual, the
Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), etc. Management Consultants must have experience interpreting and
applying complex regulatory material.
• Experience utilizing a variety of office software, including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel,
MS Share Point, and MS Outlook.
TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Roles and responsibilities:
The Management Consultant provides support to the high-level Government staff and may be asked to prepare
letters, reports, and briefings. Management Consultants may be assigned to any VO office, including that of
the Managing Director. Management Consultants may be assigned to supervise personnel or team and lead
special projects. Depending on Government needs, may be required to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
A Management Consultant may perform all duties required including, but not limited to, the following:
• Draft analytical reports, communicate with management, conduct data collection interviews, and
present results, conclusions, and recommendations.
• Advise VO principals and Office Directors on relevant issues pertaining to the assignment.
• Coordinates clearances and conduct research on visa cases by gathering information from a variety of
sources, including but not limited to: applications, supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, and
government, commercial, and open source databases. Write recommended findings in a clear and concise
manner that summarizes the information gathered and identified during research.
• Participate in consular outreach activities including, but not limited to: travel shows, professional
meetings and conferences, and university events. Participate in interagency meetings, negotiations, and other
high-level meetings as required.
• Suggest program and policy guidance while managing or leading interagency or special projects.
• Interpret complex law and regulations.
• Liaise between VO and other DOS bureaus or partner agencies.
• May be detailed to another Department of State bureau or partner agency.
• Attend, participate in, or lead VO training exercises as required.
• Comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner
over the telephone, through email, or in person.
• Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations
pertaining to visa requirements.
• Serves as back-up to the other management consultants as designated.
• Available for telework when allowable and requested by Government Managers.
This position has been announced for an upcoming proposal bid with the US Government and does not guarantee employment if selected.
APEX ANALYTICS GROUPWhy Work Here?
Be part of a winning team! Apex Analytics Group offers a competitive time off package that includes sick time off.
Apex is a growing Service-Disable, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with a commitment to our many clients and the greater Fort Leavenworth community. With significant expertise in Army education, concept development, experimentation, capability documentation, program management and testing, Apex works to ensure our clients’ research and development efforts remain operationally relevant.