Orthodontic Assistant, RDA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an experienced orthodontic assistant who will make our office more efficient and pleasant for patients. You’ll ensure excellent customer service and perform basic dental tasks. Orthodontic assistants should be well-organized with great attention to detail. You should be able to follow instructions and respect dental office regulations. We want you to be skilled in providing direct or indirect patient care and able to make office procedures as smooth as possible.
- Welcome patients to the office
- Prepare patients for orthodontic appointments ensuring their comfort
- Sterilize instruments according to regulations
- Undertake lab tasks as instructed
- Provide oral hygiene and post-operative care instructions
- Keep the dental area clean and well-stocked
- Schedule appointments
- Maintain accurate patient records
- Comfortable with children/adolescents of all ages
- Proven experience as an ortho assistant (minimum of 2 years preferred)
- Knowledge of dental instruments and sterilization methods
- Understanding of health & safety regulations
- Ability to perform regulated non-surgical tasks like coronal polishing and fit and fissure sealants (preferred)
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Attention to detail
- Well-organized and reliable
- RDA active license required
- Additional certification or training is an asset (e.g. CPR, HIPAA, OSHA, Human Trafficking, Nitrous Certification, etc.)
- Open Dental and Dexis experience (preferred)
- Bilingual--Spanish (preferred)
PLEASE NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job nor is it intended to be an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
APDO, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at APDO via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of APDO. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by APDO as a result of the referral or through other means.
All APDO subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. APDO subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $18.00 per hour, Depending on Experience (DOE)
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
APDO, Amarillo Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics
Get fresh Orthodontics Faculty jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.