This position is located in Santa Clara, CA.
Company Overview / Position Summary
APCT Inc., a leader in PCB manufacturing is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the role of System Administrator/Desktop Support Manager to join our growing team. This position will have primary responsibility as a “hands on” system administrator, while also managing the remote site support staff to ensure corporate wide support goals are met.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows, Linux and Storage systems that support corporate IT infrastructure.
Responsibilities on these systems include System Administration, provisioning, operations, backup, support and maintenance to ensure
uptime and availability to support manufacturing and sales operations.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills on computer systems (Windows and Linux Environment) and networking
- Windows servers administration - Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP
- Create and maintain group policies
- Knowledge on Windows 7/10, Windows server 2008/2012/2016
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies – VMware and Hyper-V
- TCP/IP Networking (wired and wireless), VLAN’s, VPN, imaging Technologies
- Apply and maintain good security practices at the hardware, software and network levels
- Office 365 administration (Hosted exchange)
- Administrating system wide server and file backup (Veeam)
- Develop and maintain written policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable requirements
- Maintain hardware/software inventories
- Experience of supporting users for day to day support (Servers / Desktop Infrastructure) in medium corporate environment
- Manage and mentor the Desktop Support Staff located in multiple facilities and various states.
- Knowledge and experience with Unix Environment will be an added advantage - Linux (Suse, Redhat/CentOS)
- Should have excellent problem-solving capability
- Scripting knowledge is a plus (Powershell or other)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related course of study required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of previous experience in an IT technical support role required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years managing a team of Desktop Support staff members (preferably in remote locates)
Communication and Problem Solving:
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish helpful (not required)
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels, including executives.
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- This role may require occasional 24/7 on call support.
- Domestic travel to office locations required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- U.S. resident or green card required (must comply with ITAR/DEFARS security requirements)
- This role will manage desktop/site support staff at remote locations
This position is also available in our APCT Inc.Orange County and Anaheim CA locations
APCT Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer