Business Systems Analyst
- Over a month ago
- $100,000 Yearly
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for conducting business analysis and documentation using key metrics and opportunities. They will provide identification and documentation of project requirements and auditing projects to ensure they are driving to successful deployment. Business Systems Analyst acts as a liaison between business units and departments, completes business cases in support of projects, participates in or facilitates business process modeling and research efforts. Acts as a consultant and reviews all documents on project teams.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create requirements and specifications for business and IT solutions by conducting preliminary investigations for all project requests, including reviewing requirements, specifications, testing, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives on projects.
- Conduct business analysis and document - identified key metrics and opportunities for improvements.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure business/IT solutions meet project goals.
- Consult with key project team stakeholders to determine business objectives and success factors.
- Collaborate with project team members to collect, analyze, and evaluate information from multiple sources including:
- Present findings and recommendations to project stakeholders
- Write and document business requirements, functional requirements, and design specifications.
- Work with information technology development team, to design and validate solutions that meets business requirements.
- Continuously improve existing business processes and strive to develop new ones to improve efficiency.
- Acts as a liaison between business units by opening and maintaining lines of communication to monitor and improve business unit satisfaction, and acting as the single point of contact for business
- Makes recommendations for product enhancements
- Manages business unit expectations through participation in business process modeling sessions, acting as a documenter, co-facilitator, facilitator, or subject matter expert in sketch sessions;
- Participates in business process management group efforts and root cause analysis to collect and analyze metrics and continually improve processes owned by the group
- Documents and maintains process flows for each area of responsibility, as well as reviews procedures to ensure they align with processes.
- May act as Project Manager on some projects
- May participate in documenting procedures as required and requested by management
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Favored areas of study: Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Engineering (any field), or Business
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with business operations or systems development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced ability to document business process flows.
- Minimum 1-3 years of enterprise business analysis experience in technical / software development engagements in Finance and Insurance Industry.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in business analysis and documentation of business requirement
- Experience with project management tools and structured methodologies.
- Experience with JIRA is plus.
- Must be highly analytical, process oriented, collaborative and creative
- Must have a strong desire to share knowledge, answer questions and help others at all levels in the company
- Must be intrinsically motivated (cannot require constant support/supervision)
- Must be able to work successfully with team members in multiple locations
- Must communicate in a clear, direct and effective manner with people at all levels in the organization and with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Must be dedicated to helping to improve business processes and outcomes
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks of varying complexity and priority
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to share complex, technical topics clearly, concisely, effectively and professionally
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type and look at a computer screen for long periods of the day. The employee must be able to sit for long periods of time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We provide full-time comprehensive benefits packages to all of our employees including: Medical, dental, vision, paid company holidays, paid time off, paid community service day, wellness program, 401K with company match, referral bonuses, discounted gym membership and much more.
APCO Holdings, LLC is a Drug Free Workplace as well as an Equal Opportunity Employer. APCO Holdings, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
APCO Holdings, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at APCO Holdings, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?