Experienced Maintenance Supervisor for an Apartment Community NEEDED!
APartner Jacksonville, FL
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are hiring an experienced Maintenance Supervisor for a community in Jacksonville, FL. Send us your resume and come join the Apartner Team!
- Supervisors are involved with hiring workers, organize schedules, and assign work activity.
- They may perform training to ensure individuals have all the requisite skills.
- Additional responsibilities include developing and implementing maintenance procedures and maintaining personnel records.
- Supervisors evaluate each worker's performance to ensure quality operations. They also investigate accidents and prepare relevant reports.
- Complete all duties regarding make-ready/vacant units.
- Assists in trash pickup on the property.
- Assists in all types of maintenance, when necessary and as requested.
- Replace HVAC filters, clean air conditioning vents as needed, perform HVAC repairs as needed.
- Assists with resident functions and services, to include distribution of flyers, notices and other materials.
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager regularly, as directed.
- Service appliances.
- Services general plumbing and basic electrical needs of the property to include replacing/fixing toilets, light switches, garbage disposals, ceiling fans, etc.
- Rekey locks.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs, broken globes, etc., in units and throughout the exterior of the property, as needed.
- Performs corrective maintenance and satisfy resident needs following company procedures when performing service requests.
- Maintains good relationship with other staff members, working with the Leasing Office and under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintains good rapport with outside, contract vendors working on the property.
- Maintains good rapport with current and prospective residents.
Observes condition of apartment and reports any unusual circumstances (Size/number of pets, unauthorized occupants, illegal activity, etc.)
Observes condition of the property in general and reports any unusual circumstances.
Makes regular inspection of the grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and major equipment, as directed.
Should be familiar with the location of power, water and gas turnoff valves, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants on the property.
Enters occupied apartments to perform necessary repairs.
Cleans up thoroughly after performing work.
Notifies Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager, as directed, regarding any supplies necessary to complete service requests.
Performs pool and spa maintenance, as directed.
Follows company procedures regarding safety and emergencies.
Attends employee meetings and training seminars, as requested.
Wears company uniform and badge during work hours.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in apartment maintenance or trade that requires basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and HVAC.
EPA (refrigerant, transition, and recovery) Certification.
Own a basic set of hand tools.
Above average written and oral communications skills.
Ability to communicate effectively in the predominant business language, English.
Valid Driver's License with a good driving record and auto insurance.
Provides/uses own tools.
Uses good safety habits at all times.
Neat, clean appearance.
Compatible with a wide range of people.
Needs to be thorough, reliable, responsible, honest, organized, flexible and be service-oriented.
Possesses basic knowledge of the following:
- HVAC systems
- Electrical systems
- Plumbing systems
- Painting procedures
Basic Physical Requirements
Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 20-50 lbs and constantly moving furniture, appliances and heavy machinery correctly and safely.
Frequent climbing ascending/descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in addition to using feet, legs, hands and/or arms.
Body agility is important.
Stooping downward and forward by bending legs and spine at the waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Frequent kneeling and bending legs at the knees to come to rest on one or both knees.
Frequent crouching downward and forward by bending legs and back/spine.
Frequent reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
Frequent handling of various sizes and weights of items. Needs the ability to seize, hold, grasp turn or otherwise work with one or both hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hands, such as to turn a switch or replace a light bulb.
- Attendance is an imperative job function
Equal Opportunity Employer
Real EstateView all jobs at APartner