Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for underwriting Rural Home and Part-time Farm/Residential loans according to program guidelines.Communicates underwriting procedures to program participants.Reviews and approves loan underwriting follow-up to clear loan conditions.
- Underwrites all mortgage loan applications according to policy, regulatory and secondary market standards (as needed) ensuring compliance and documentation requirements are met within service level expectations as stated by the Bank.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy all loan requests for accurate processing and documentation including editing the application on the loan origination system (LOS), calculating appropriate ratios, reviewing the appraisal, title, credit reports, asset documentation, etc.
- Complete Underwriting Decision in the LOS in a manner that clearly and effectively communicate to the Association any issues related to the underwriting of the loan.
- Correspond with processors to attain outstanding documentation needed to complete requirements as stipulated in the Underwriting Decision.
- Accurately complete delegated underwriting for mortgage insurance and obtain MI certificates in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with Bank staff, Fannie Mae, Farmer Mac and mortgage insurers to clarify underwriting audit exceptions.
- Clearly communicate to sellers, both verbally and in writing, underwriting policies and procedures as they relate to Fannie Mae, Farmer Mac and AgFirst’s Correspondent Lending Department
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in front line retail or correspondent conventional residential mortgage underwriting.
- Thorough knowledge of Fannie Mae, Farmer Mac, and private mortgage insurance products, underwriting standards and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of industry standard mortgage origination, processing, and closing software.
- Specific knowledge of RESPA, TIL and Integrated Disclosure guidelines.
- Excellent follow-up, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including Microsoft Office, database management and other business applications.
- Flexibility to handle constantly changing multiple priorities and work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and actively engage with supervisor to resolve complicated issues.