Java Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client works across diverse communities throughout the region and nation to foster understanding in our economy, the payments system, and financial institutions for people from all walks of life.
Our client is seeking multiple Java software engineers to join several of their software delivery teams working in a variety of computing environments. These collaborative teams create services using a wide range of technologies related to Java-based software development.
If serving the public through developing Java-based software sounds exciting to you and you possess foundational knowledge about the end-to-end process of delivering software.
- Applies the principles of software engineering to the design, implementation, configuration, and optimization of solutions in support of Java-based applications.
- Demonstrates technical skill in Java and other domain specific languages (HTML, SQL, etc.), as needed.
- Partners with customers and peers in the pursuit of solutions that achieve business goals through traditional or agile software development methodologies.
- Provides on-call support, troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis for supported applications.
- Bachelor's degree specializing in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Based on the level of candidate hired, typically requires at least three to fifteen years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture, design, and development of software solutions, ranging in complexity from department-class to enterprise-class. New team members will be hired into the software engineer job family according to skills and experience.
- At a minimum, successful applicants should possess an intermediate understanding of Industry software development methodologies, standards, and architecture frameworks.
- Experience developing Java-based software is required. This includes a knowledge of Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, JSF, Grails, etc.) and other relevant tools. Experience with WebSphere may be a plus.
- Proficiency in working with databases, Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) tools (e.g. JPA, Hibernate), and SQL is required.
- Proficiency in automated testing and the use of modern CI/CD pipelines using DevOps tooling (e.g. Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, GitLab, Maven, Nexus, Fortify, Sonar, etc.) is required.
- Proficiency in front-end development using Angular or similar technologies is a plus.
- Proficiency in Agile software development principles is a plus.
- Passion for technology with a proven willingness to continuously embrace learning to meet the ever-changing technical landscape.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Continuously improves processes and contributes to innovation.
- Aligns with customer needs and seeks to understand the business to pursue business outcomes.
- Adept at solving problems and able to analyze details while concurrently adopting a big picture view, with an inclination for simple, re-usable solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Develops strong partnerships and relationships with team members, remaining positive to promote a collaborative and team environment.
- United States citizenship is required for this position.
- "Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief."
The primary desired work location for this position is " Kansas City MO. We offer employees the flexibility to work from home up to 80 percent of the time, depending on specific team needs. Full time remote will also be considered for this position
AP Recruiters & Associates
AddressKansas City, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at AP Recruiters & Associates