Production supervisor will be reporting to the plant Manager in a plastic extrusion molding, and converting plant, the production Supervisor will be responsible for supporting 15- 30 production associates in achieving production targets while maintaining quality and safety requirements. The production supervisor will be responsible for implementing a continuous improvement culture as directed by the plant management.
- Use a hands-on approach in monitoring production associates for safety, production targets and quality of the product. Create and maintain a disciplined and respectful working environment through open discussion with the employee and the plant management. Train employee in safety, quality, and production procedures and policies.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation. Supports and implement new customer specific products, assuring product specification and quality systems requirements.
- Monitor quality of the product through implementation of quality work instructions and standard operating procedures, inspection techniques. Using standard measurement tools.
Review daily production schedule with the plant management and production associates. Setup performance targets with the help of the Plant Manager. identify causes of production delays and implement corrective action.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment as per OSHA requirements as defined in the company’s policy and procedures. Help employees in understanding company policies and practices. Maintain an open communication with other supervisors and Management staff regarding equipment maintenance, safety, production issues, company policies and practices.
- Monitor equipment downtime due to maintenance, material, and manpower issues.
- Conduct performance reviews as defined by company policies. Identity gaps and develop employee development and training plan. Identify manpower requirement as per production targets.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Bilingual (English Spanish).
- Experience in plastic extrusion or molding is preferred.
- Understanding of machine maintenance is preferred but not required.
- Candidates who have strong manufacturing experience and are willing to grow will be preferred and trained.
- Sunday to Friday
- 12-hour shift 6 pm to 6 am
Why Work Here?AP Packaging is proud to manufacture high-quality protective packaging products at our state-of-the-art facility in Linden NJ. We stock a wide variety of products to bring our customers the fast order fulfillment and competitive prices they need, whether they’re purchasing a standard or customized item.
Great potential, we are the fastest growing Packaging manufacturer in the northeast.